Senior Data Scientist
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Role and Responsibilities
In the role of Senior Data Scientist, the ideal candidate will
use her/his analytical and statistical skills in support of our
Government customer to define and design structured and
unstructured data in a cloud environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide data science and data engineering support to develop
application and frameworks that operate on large datasets. Develop
security compliant user management framework for multi-tenant big
- Integrate the end to end data pipeline to take data from source
systems to target data repositories ensuring the quality and
consistency of data is maintained at all times
- Implement high performant data ingestion pipelines
- Perform exploratory data analysis and statistical modelling
with high quality data handling techniques
- Maintain metadata layer, database ontology, monitor overall
database standards and procedure, and integrate systems through
- Apply non-traditional approaches to large-scale analysis of
unstructured data in support of high-value use cases.
- Utilize strong technical and computational skills coupled with
the ability to code, design, develop, and deploy sophisticated
applications using advanced unstructured and semi-structured data
- Utilize advanced tools and computational skills to interpret,
connect, predict and make discoveries in complex data and deliver
- Develop documentation to support objectives of operationally
focused team members.
- Effectively Interface with Customer personnel at varying
- Must be self-motivated and expected to work independently with
- Possess excellent communication skills to effectively report
status on tasks and assignments and to support business development
team in the production of winning proposals
- Must be able to generate preliminary and detailed designs as
required for enhancements or modifications to existing designs,
requiring the application of current industry design concepts and
utilization of basic technical writing skills.
- Must be able to perform effectively as part of the project
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS degree in Engineering discipline, Computer Science,
Management Information Systems, GIS, or related field
- Minimum of 8 years' professional experience in data science,
statistics, or predictive modeling, minimum 5 years with an
- Proven success working with large and complex datasets
- Minimum of three years team lead experience
- Experience working with technologies such as RDMS, NoSQL, or
Graph databases, machine learning and/or Apache Kafka
- Proven success working with and mining Geospatial datasets
- Minimum 6 years' experience in programing languages such as R,
SQL, Python, and/or SAS
- Proficiency with Cloud Platforms such as Azure, AWS, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop, TensorFlow and/or SageMaker
- Experience with MATLAB
- Technical writing and presentation skills, technical effort and
cost estimating, budgeting/scheduling, and task performance
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, technical
specifications, proposals, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and
respond to questions from senior management, peers, and
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking
to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems
- Advanced degree
- Top Secret Security Clearance
- Formal training/degree in statistics, applied math or related
Must comply with all company security and data protection /
usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper
marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form.
Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other
employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information
outside company without management approval. All government and
proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically
on company provided resources.
- Incumbent must be eligible for DoD Personal Security
- This job operates in an office environment and manufacturing
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as
computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax
- Moderate to high levels of stress, associated with technical,
schedule, and customer issues are to be expected with this
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to travel CONUS/OCONUS
- Ability to work overtime and on/off sifts as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for
employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only
those whose background and experience match the requirements of the
role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to
work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race,
nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely
for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender
Keywords: CAE, Orlando , Senior Data Scientist, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!