Class B Driver
Company: Daniels Health
Posted on: June 13, 2021
We are seeking an enthusiastic, customer focused driver with a
Class B license and experience driving large trucks to utilize your
experience across the Des Moines, IA Plant. You will be collecting
sharps and medical waste containers from our healthcare customer
locations and delivering a high level of customer service daily.
This role offers a high degree of autonomy, stable hours, access to
some OT and good benefits. Our vehicle fleet is modern and
well-maintained. We supply above and beyond the standard PPE for
safe handling of medical waste and take training of our staff
seriously find out more about how we protect you at https://www.danielshealth.com/covid-19-employees
Offering a $500 new hire bonus!
What will your job involve?
- Safely collecting, delivering and storing our medical waste
containers at customer locations
- Providing strong customer service and building positive
- Operating vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks and
tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Completing deliveries to time schedule, and clearly
communicating changes or challenges as they arise
- Loading and unloading | Prioritizing and organizing your truck
per schedule and needs
- Managing a route per leaderships direction | delivering timely,
efficient and effective service
- Complying with DOT regulations, logging hours and roadside
- Heavy lifting
What are we looking for?
- Class B license with a clean driving record and valid medical
- Willingness to work full time hours, approx. 40 hours a
- Experience with pre-trip and post-trip vehicle evaluations
- Six months of driving experience with tractor trailers and/or
- A flexible, can-do attitude with a strong customer focus
- Experience operating vehicles in a safe manner (straight trucks
and tractor trailers as large as 26 and 53 feet long)
- Experience with DOT compliance, logging hours, roadside
- Confident in a road check level 1 through level 3
- Proven longevity in past employment
- On time delivery practices!
Why work for us?
- Job stability as an essential service to healthcare we
are a non-seasonal and stable business
- Opportunities for overtime
- Consistent work hours Monday- Friday position 1st shift
5 days a week M-F!
- Benefits Full time roles are provided benefits, sick
leave and vacation leave from day one
- Permanent position This is a Full-time permanent role of
40-45 hours per week
- Competitive salary This position is offering a rate a
- New Hire Bonus Get an extra $500 after successfully
completing your probation period
Who are we?
We are a healthcare service company providing safety systems
and regulated waste collections for hospitals and an array of
customers within the healthcare industry. Our focus is delivering
quality and safety-focused medical waste management services that
reduce needlestick injuries, improve infection control and reduce
the environmental footprint of our customers. As a service to our
customers we dispose and treat medical waste at our treatment
facilities across the U.S.
If this sounds like the role for you, or somebody you know
then we look forward to speaking with you!
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart is an equal opportunity
employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the
purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates.
Daniels Health & Sharpsmart prohibit discrimination and harassment
of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees
and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Daniels Health &
Sharpsmart conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all
applicable laws and regulations.
Keywords: Daniels Health, Orlando , Class B Driver, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!