Real Estate Senior Associate
Company: Sonder Inc.
Posted on: April 10, 2021
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and living,
Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is
purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customized to
reflect the vibe of its neighborhood. Whether your stay is two
days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder
ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7
contactless service, professional cleanings that exceed CDC
recommendations, and over 200 other quality standards, we're taking
stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started in 2014, and now has thousands of spaces in cities
across the globe.
Orlando poses unique challenges and opportunities for Sonder; the
market is a highly competitive, leisure driven market with a
variety of hospitality products ranging from large resorts,
timeshares and vacation rentals, many of which have HOA structures.
Are you the right candidate to take on the challenge of continuing
to grow the market in Orlando?
As a Real Estate Senior Associate, you will drive supply growth by
working with your local Real Estate team to identify
top-of-the-funnel lease opportunities for Sonder, negotiate leases,
manage deal closings and asset manage the properties in Sonder's
At Sonder You Will
- Work closely with the General Manager and Regional Director of
Real Estate to develop and implement a growth acquisition plan. You
will assist senior management with all aspects of real estate
projects and the deal flow.
- Build relationships with many of the largest developers and
owners in Dallas.
- Use local real estate knowledge and a network of contacts in
Dallas to source developers and real estate owners with suitable
development opportunities where the Sonder business model can
operate and create value. Manage relationships with owners and
developers including deal structuring, ongoing correspondence, and
- Develop and maintain a network of local agents and broker
partners to drive the supply pipeline.
- Craft and negotiate LOIs and leases for new real estate
- Coordinate deal closings.
- Be responsible for leases after they are signed to make sure
Sonder in complying with all terms negotiated.
- Work closely with city operations to seamlessly transition from
lease signing to onboarding units, including onboarding
prioritization and punch list compliance.
- Help manage the hand off on lease commencement between the
developers' operations and Sonder city operations.
- Prepare and maintain lease summaries.
- Work hand in hand with HQ to comply with lease terms, including
rent payment dates, letter of credit issuances, property insurance,
and notices to landlord.
- Coordinate with property manager hiring of necessary vendors
and preventative maintenance.
- Become fluent in local public policy and existing short-term
rental regulations and building code.
- Foster community relations and present the value and benefits
of partnering with Sonder while enhancing public image.
- Consistently work on complex assignments requiring independent
action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues.
What We Look For
- You are a fully qualified real estate professional with
experience with a range of asset classes (Residential, Commercial,
Retail, and Hospitality).
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in commercial real estate -
particularly acquisition & development.
- Minimum 2 years of real estate sales experience.
- You live, breathe, and sleep commercial real estate; you are
ultra passionate and knowledgeable about Dallas' real estate
- You enjoy negotiations and believe that two parties can benefit
from a well-structured deal, and that negotiations are not a
- You aspire to be a missionary and not a mercenary - you want to
work for a fast-growing start-up with a unicorn trajectory. You see
the big picture and make decisions based on the long term value vs.
short term profit.
- You're becoming a self-driven closer. You are currently
mastering the art of presenting a value proposition and handling
objections while inspiring trust.
- You're building a strong real estate network and you have a few
contacts you can leverage for this role.
- You are analytical, decisive and have the entrepreneurial drive
to craft and implement a strategic plan for property
- You're an outstanding communicator with the ability to
communicate complex deals in simple terms.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can
focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a
team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected
Keywords: Sonder Inc., Orlando , Real Estate Senior Associate, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!