Biostatistician Supervisor Research Administration
Posted on: April 9, 2021
DescriptionBiostatistician Supervisor - Research Administration
- Orlando Location Address: 601 E. Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32801
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the
Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year Work Hours/Shift:
- Full Time, Days You Will Be Responsible For: The supervisor for
the biostatistics core oversees and manages a team of
biostatisticians. This position collaborates with investigators and
research teams to formulate scientifically sound research designs
and statistical plans. The supervisor for the biostatistics core
performs data analysis and assists investigators and research teams
in scientific writing and reporting of outcomes. The position will
also play a role in the education programming through design and
teaching of biostatics related curriculum. The supervisor for the
biostatistics core actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all. QualificationsWhat You Will
Need: EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- PhD in statistics/biostatistics/research and measurements or
- 8-10 years of research experience as a research biostatistician
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- 3-5 years of research experience as a medical research
biostatistician SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage day-to-day biostatistics operations. This includes
project allocation, project tracking, and researcher communication
with the focus of maintaining high standards of customer
- Assist with resource allocation to execute biostatistics
- Serves as lead and mentor biostatistician to less experienced
- Report out metrics associated with biostatistical support
process. KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Comprehensive understanding of theoretical and applied
statistics, research design, and data measurement
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively, effectively
communicating with AHRI research departments, investigators, and
- Teaching and scientific writing skills
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Supervisor and leadership skills to guide and mentor the work
of the biostatistics core members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience working with computer-based statistical software
packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, etc.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, to include
gathering and presenting results to Scientific Leadership,
physician investigators, and other stakeholders Job Summary:
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with
AdventHealth Research Services offices and 14 AdventHealth Research
Institute departments and teams, with support for over 500 clinical
studies at any given time.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of the biostatistics core
members, including project assignment, tracking of project status
and communication with researchers regarding project completion.
With input from manager and director, develops resource allocation
to execute biostatistics initiatives as needed.
- Mentors less experienced biostatistical personnel. This
includes oversight of statistical analysis plans, analysis results,
reviewing written report prior to investigator meeting and
providing statistical education.
- Acts as lead biostatistical consultant to investigators and
research teams who are developing research projects and/or
submitting grant applications. This includes providing protocol
review, study design options, randomization, and statistical
analysis plans. If necessary, will conduct research to determine
appropriate approach and methodology for analysis.
- Designs biostatistical power analyses, statistical analyses,
and interpretation of results for investigators and research
- Generate and quality check outputs for publications; review
publication (abstract/manuscript) to ensure accuracy, quality and
soundness of statistical methodologies produced by biostatistical
- Acts as software expert for internal groups and maintains
software options for biostatistical personnel.
- Develops and teaches curriculum related to protocol
development, research design, and statistics.
- Serves as a contributing member of Scientific Review Committees
assigned by manager or director. Contributes to research oversight
committees and additional ad hoc committees formed to manage
current situations such as Covid-19.
- Performs other duties as assigned. This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Orlando , Biostatistician Supervisor Research Administration, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!