Paving Lead person
Company: The Middlesex Corporation
Posted on: April 9, 2021
Location: Orlando, FLDate Posted: 03/05/21Salary Interval:
Hourly Application Instructions
SAFELY Building America's Infrastructure Since 1972
Robert W. Pereira founded The Middlesex Corporation (TMC) in 1972.
Through his vision, drive and commitment to Safety, Quality and
Excellence, the organization, now encompassing various companies
throughout the United States is a leader in the heavy civil
construction and paving industries. This year, The Middlesex
Corporation was ranked by ENR as the 245th largest contractor in
the country out of more than 35,000 construction companies and 44th
of the Top 50 Domestic Heavy Civil Contractors. The Middlesex
Corporation is headquartered in Littleton, Massachusetts with
regional offices in West Haven, Connecticut and Orlando,
The sustained success is a result of the Leadership and Team
Members living the core values ofSafetyfirst in everything we
do,Qualityin all we offer, Integrity in the way we act and do
business,Professionalismin how we represent ourselves and the
company,Strong Work Ethicthat produces positive results,
andCommitmentto the Success of all Team Members and
Our Goal is to sustain our exemplary Safety record while growing
into a diversified "Top 100 ENR Company" and being recognized as
"One of the Best Places to Work."
Please see HR for information on physical demands and work
environment of this job.
Team Member Competitive Benefits:
- 401k Savings Plan with 25% Company Match
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Life/Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Voluntary Benefits
- Health Care Advocate
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Team Member Referral Program
Please complete the employment application for consideration of
employment with The Middlesex Corporation.
We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of
non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race,
color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran
status, sexual orientation, or other legally protected status.
This position requires the Team Member to be an experienced
operator, that has the knowledge to carry out the Paving Foreman
responsibilities in his absence without disruption to workflow.
They will provide overall support directly related to the Paving
Operation and ensure the project is completed in a Safe manner with
quality and productive results.
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety
policies and procedures.
- Maintain good health status w/ability to lift a minimum of
50lbs. and flexibility to bend, push, pull, stoop and/or
- If sick, call your Foreman a minimum of 2 hours prior to
designated start time.
- Must be on site (30) minutes prior to start time. Review the
project with the Foreman or Superintendent. Ensure project is ready
and all equipment is on site, functioning properly, and in position
for a prompt start. Perform a walk thru paying attention to
- Notify Operations Coordinator with daily crew attendance.
- Ensure proper layout to ensure the highest quality and
productive practices are used.
- Establish and maintain positive relationship.
- Assist with Daily Huddle at the beginning of each shift
followed by Stretch and Flex.
- Report all Near Misses in a timely manner.
- Supervise and coordinate activities for all Team Members under
- Monitor Paving Operations for proper depth, yield, cross slope
and density. Ensure that all specifications and project
requirements are met with the highest quality.
- Monitor number of trucks required for the Paving
- Determine asphalt tonnage and mix type required.
- Confirm and coordinate with Dispatch, all asphalt tonnage and
mix types required.
- Check load tickets to verify correct mix type is being
- Ensure crew and trucks are always operating efficiently.
- Be sure assigned equipment is always properly maintained and
- Report any necessary equipment repairs to the Shop
Superintendent as soon as they become known.
- Make sure all equipment is parked in a safe area in a neat and
orderly fashion and accessible to transports. Know and understand
the clear zone requirements. Place Type 2 barricades if needed
making sure the equipment is not a hazard.
- Be sure all equipment is fueled, filled with water at the end
of each shift.
- Be sure all operators are properly filling out a Daily
Equipment Condition Report and turning them in Daily.
- Be sure all Subcontractors time is verified and signed in and
out each shift legibly. MUST PRINT NAME.
- Inspect the project daily, prior to departing, to ensure work
is complete with the highest quality and all cleanup is
- All Accidents/Incidents MUST be reported immediately to your
supervisor and the Safety Department
- Other duties as assigned Position Requirements
- Safety and Quality orientated
- Must Possess a valid Driver's License
- Must have experience with all aspects of the Paving & Milling
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be proficient in the operation of all Paving
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Organized; ability to multi-task; detail-oriented
- Team Player with good interpersonal skills
PM21 Equal Opportunity Employer
The Middlesex Corporation is an "Equal Opportunity
Employer-Minorities, Females, Veterans and Disabled Persons"
Keywords: The Middlesex Corporation, Orlando , Paving Lead person, Other , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!