Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an Image and Signal
Processing (I&SP) Engineer with proven ability to
* analyze system requirements;
* allocate system requirements to software and to
* and test resolved image tracker algorithms;
* develop and use simulations of the tracker to analyze and
optimize tracker performance;
* collect and reduce field test data to verify performance.
The I&SP Engineer must be proficient in /Simulink,C++ , and
AccuRev and must be able to function cohesively in an IPT
environment. The I&SP Engineer must be capable of assigning and
monitoring tasks performed by software engineers and students
supporting the overall tracker development effort.
An integral segment of the program is to reduce the risk by
integrated simulation and by risk reduction flight analysis and
replay. This effort includes further maturation of the algorithmic
concept through final integration and flight . The I&SP
Engineer will be the primary design engineer for the signal
processing portion of this optimization/development effort. The
individual will perform most of the design and simulation effort
and direct the team in test, data collection, and integration
efforts with the other algorithms in the tracker suite.
Comprehensive written and oral communications skills are required
to convey performance and requirements to both technical and
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This
region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central
Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The
Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area
in the southeastern United States.
The climate here is warm and sunny all year long for the most
part. Orlando is home to Walt Disney World, Universal Studios
Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is also home to the second largest
University in the US, the University of Central Florida (UCF).
Where can you get to from Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive
from Cocoa Beach and the "Space Coast" to include NASA and the
Kennedy Space Center.
Tampa is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about
2.5 hours to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the
northeast. Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
* Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and have the ability to
obtain a DoD Interim Secret Clearance prior to start.
* Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform the
following Image and Signal Processing assignments:
* Perform /analysis of image processing algorithms employing
image enhancement, detection and correlation techniques.
* Optimize algorithms to meet memory and throughput capabilities
of the processing hardware.
* Capture and process flight data to assess and enhance
* Verify compliance to customer requirements via simulation, and
analysis of test data.
* Work effectively with embedded software engineers to ensure
algorithms are appropriately implemented and verified.
* Demonstrate experience working with design and test
simulations using collected data and synthetic data.
* Demonstrate strong written and oral communications skills for
technical and non-technical audiences.
* Active DoD Secret Clearance.
* Experience with multi-sensor data fusion is a plus.
Understanding of inertial tracking is also desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's
vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and