Description:Lockheed Martin is seeking an Image and Signal
Processing (I&SP) Engineer with proven ability to
* analyze system requirements;
* allocate system requirements to software and to
* and resolved image tracker algorithms;
* develop and use simulations of the tracker to analyze and
optimize tracker performance;
* collect and reduce field data to verify performance.
The I&SP Engineer must be proficient in /Simulink, , and
AccuRev and must be able to function cohesively in an IPT
environment. The I&SP Engineer must be capable of assigning and
monitoring tasks performed by software engineers and students
supporting the overall tracker development effort.
An integral segment of the program is to reduce the risk by
integrated simulation and by risk reduction flight analysis and
replay. This effort includes further maturation of the algorithmic
concept through final integration and flight . The I&SP
Engineer will be the primary engineer for the signal processing
portion of this optimization/development effort. The individual
will perform most of the and simulation effort and direct the team
in , data collection, and integration efforts with the other
algorithms in the tracker suite. Comprehensive written and oral
communications skills are required to convey performance and
requirements to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Relocation: Relocation assistance is possible for this exciting
The Locale: Orlando is a city in the Central Florida area. This
region is a great place to live and to raise a family. Central
Florida offers lots of attractive residential housing options. The
Greater Orlando metropolitan area is the sixth largest metro area
in the southeastern United States. The climate here is warm and
sunny all year long for the most part. Orlando is home to Walt
Disney World, Universal Studios Florida, and SeaWorld. Orlando is
also home to the second largest University in the US, the
University of Central Florida (UCF). Where can you get to from
Orlando? Orlando is about an hour's drive from Cocoa Beach and the
"space coast" to include NASA and the Kennedy Space Center. Tampa
is about 1.5 hours from Orlando. West Palm Beach is about 2.5 hours
to the south and Jacksonville is about 2 hours to the northeast.
Atlanta, GA is 6 hours to the northwest.
* Candidate must demonstrate the ability to perform the
following Image and Signal Processing assignments:
* Perform /analysis of image processing algorithms employing
image enhancement, detection and correlation techniques.
* Optimize algorithms to meet memory and throughput capabilities
of the processing hardware.
* Capture and process flight data to assess and enhance
* Verify compliance to customer requirements via simulation, and
analysis of data.
* Work effectively with embedded software engineers to ensure
algorithms are appropriately implemented and verified.
* Demonstrate image and signal processing skills utilizing and
* Demonstrate experience working with and simulations using
collected data and synthetic data.
* Demonstrate strong written and oral communications skills for
technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to obtain an interim security clearance and considered
a US Citizen.
* Experience with multi-sensor data fusion is a plus.
Understanding of inertial tracking is also desired.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our
customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand
extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're
dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to
change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's
vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven
performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin
has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and
Internationally, with business locations in many nations and