Associate General Counsel
Company: Elevation Financial Group, LLC
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Location: Orlando, Florida, 32801, United StatesPosted:
2019-08-07Position Title: Associate General CounselCompany Name:
Elevation Financial Group, LLCSector: OtherJob Type: Full-timeMin
Education: Juris DoctorateElevation Financial Group ("EFG"), a
multi-state real estate private equity company, seeks a dynamic
Associate General Counsel to support all legal activities of the
company, its affiliates and subsidiaries. With operations in 11
states, EFG deploys private equity capital to acquire, revitalize
and operate affordable senior and multifamily apartments. EFG,
through a subsidiary, manages all of its senior properties and many
of its multifamily properties under the tradenames "Serenity
Towers", "Serenity Apartments", Serenity Manor and The Sanctuary.
EFG is experiencing accelerating growth and is now seeking strong,
well-rounded legal talent to assist the company in multiple areas
of law, including corporate, real estate (transactional and
development), finance, Federal and State housing regulatory
compliance, landlord/tenant, securities, labor and employment,
insurance and litigation. This individual will report to the
Company's Chief Operating Officer and will work closely with the
executive team and all departments of the company.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
* Provide general corporate law advice to the company's executives,
various departments and functions.
* Negotiate and draft agreements and ancillary documentation,
manage all legal due diligence, and oversee all closings relating
to the acquisition and disposition of apartment properties
throughout multiple states.
* Advise on complex real estate development projects, including
joint venture formation, development agreements, entitlements,
zoning, feasibility studies, construction contracts, and
* Conduct title and survey review of properties under
* Provide legal counsel in specialty areas of law, including
Federal Housing and Urban Development regulations and State tax
credit programs, as well as State landlord/tenant law.
* Provide legal support for EFG's security offerings and oversee
all Federal and State filings related thereto.
* Assist the COO in all corporate and real estate finance
transactions, including document negotiations and review of
community lender, agency and CMBS loans.
* Advise the company on, and negotiate/draft, all vendor agreements
for EFG, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
* Direct all areas of Risk Management, both corporate and field
based, and oversee all claim and litigation management.
* Assume the role of Assistant Secretary and oversee all corporate
governance/maintenance of EFG, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
* Serve in an advisory role to the company's Board of Directors and
Executive Officers on corporate compliance and ethics.
* Interpret laws, rulings and regulations as needed.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in residential and/or commercial
real estate including but not limited to property transactions,
development and construction, and landlord-tenant relations.
* Minimum 4 years in a law firm environment, 4+ years in-house
* Strong knowledge of general corporate law, including governance,
compliance and ethics.
* Experience in securities laws ('33 and '34 Act), SEC reporting,
private placement or registered offering documentation, NASAA state
notice filings for Reg D/Section 506 exempt offerings, and
* Multiple state Bar admissions preferred.
* Membership and/or participation in the National Multifamily
Housing Council and/or the Urban Land Institute a plus.
* Excellent negotiating skills, judgment and a high degree of
attention to detail.
* Strong writing, analytical and communications skills.
* Outstanding interpersonal skills and a team-player attitude.
* High level ability to multi-task, prioritize projects, and work
quickly and collaboratively under tight deadlines.Education:
* Juris Doctorate degree from a top tier ABA accredited law school
and membership in good standing of a state bar; membership, or
eligibility for membership through reciprocity, in the Florida Bar
* Excellent academic credentials (Order of the Coif or top 15% of
class preferred). Associate General Counsel Associate General
Counsel Associate General Counsel Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel Attorney Attorney Attorney Attorney
Attorney Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer Lawyer LawyerPI112697530
Keywords: Elevation Financial Group, LLC, Orlando , Associate General Counsel, Legal , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!