Sr. Front End UI Developer
Posted on: March 18, 2019
As a Front End (UI) Software Engineer you will be responsible for building and supporting client web/mobile (digital) applications using HTML, CSS, JS and Java. This role focuses on creating performant and scalable code for both large and small digital projects with a focal point on the user interface and experience. The role is responsible for partnering across multiple areas of the business and IT in the delivery of cross platform, browser software application delivery that is responsive or mobile native. You will be responsible for developing sophisticated digital experiences and must be proficient with front-end web development practices. This role sits within the information technology development/delivery teams and will need to be able to build (hands-on), while also guiding and leading other senior engineers to deliver solid robust innovative experiences.
A front-end web software engineer/developer is generally expected to:
- Develop functional and appealing web applications based on usability/user experience
- Use a combination of markup languages to write web pages or responsive sites
- Write functional requirement documents and specifications for UI
- Create quality mock-ups and prototypes
- Assist back-end developers in coding and troubleshooting the translations
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and brand guidelines throughout the product's interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices and industry standards (W3C, WCAG, ADA, etc.)
- BS or MS in Computer Information Systems, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Information Design, Human-Computer Interaction or equivalent visual arts design degree or equivalent work experience.
b) Knowledge and skills
- Expertise in business web application development, user interface design principles and web standards as well as a user-centered design process.
- Provide technical guidance to creative teams with respect to possible technical solutions for client projects.
- Evaluating business and creative design requirements to produce estimates and technical designs.
- Interpreting design specifications and producing functional code on test environments as well as client sites.
- Identifying technical risk and communicating clearly with architecture and project management teams
- Assist Technical Delivery Manager in coordinating the internal development tasks
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into flexible and usable code templates
- Experience with Section 508/Accessibility practices, W3C standards, etc.
- Expertise in gathering information and engineering documentation and convert that into clear and simple user-consumable help content.
- Ability to take a PSD/mock or concept and turn it into a working experience
- Maintain high coding standards and practices and exercising quality control on all aspects of development
- Experience working with geo-distributed teams.
- Ability to interpret wireframes, UX documentation, annotated comps and design artifacts
- Highly creative thinking with a keen sense of customer experience and customer needs
- Attention to detail in visual arrangement, color, typography and flow with the ability to communicate design strategies effectively
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, interpersonal, facilitation and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience in developing mobile specific (native) or responsive sites
c) Technical Skills
- Strong knowledge in the capabilities and limitations of modern web browsers, UI frameworks
- Exposure to native mobile application development for iOS or Android platforms as well as some knowledge of alternative mobile development technologies (PhoneGap, Appcelerator-Titanium)
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, front-end technologies such as Flash or ActionScript, CMS and/or e-Commerce development, and server-side development technologies (Java, JSP, Node.js, Interwoven, HP Autonomy TeamSite/LiveSite).
- Experience delivering websites that adhere to SEO / Accessibility best practices
- Testing cross-browser, cross-platform, and/or cross-device compatibility for inconsistencies
- Expertise working with asynchronous web applications utilizing AJAX/JSON
- Experience in specific modern web technologies including ASP.Net, Java, Spring, HTML 5, CSS and relational databases.
- Back end experience in one or more of these technologies: Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Java, or .Net.
d) Job experience
6+ years relevant technical delivery experience in web and mobile space
Keywords: , Orlando , Sr. Front End UI Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!