Lead Software Engineer - Orlando
Company: Lockheed Martin
Posted on: January 15, 2019
* Ensure product and process quality throughout SDLC via robust application of best practices in disciplined use of system engineering, source control, and bug tracking; conduct of design and code reviews; adherence to robust test regime (unit test, component test, SW integration test); and software refactoring and maintainability
* Provide leadership for software architecture and design definition, software design description, software requirements definition, and support for testing
* Support the bid and proposal process by establishing and maintaining consistent software execution, productivity, and quality metrics; establishing the software technical baseline with the software architects
* Ensure the software team executes to plan with accountability for all plans, accuracy of estimates, as well as schedule and budget inputs
* Coordinate with department manager on staffing requirements and priorities
* Assume Agile leadership responsibilities including assisting product leads to define features as well as guiding and supporting scrum teams in agile execution environment - participation in daily scrums, sprint/increment planning, demos, and retrospectives.
* Mentoring and training software engineers new to the domain
* Track and manage risks as defined in coordination with product managers and product owners
* A bachelor's degree in a computer science, computer engineering or related engineering discipline
* Must function well in a creative, high-tempo, collaborative, cross-functional, dynamic and multi-disciplinary environment.
* Expert experience (8+ years) with the software development lifecycle as a software developer
* Technical leadership experience and a proven ability to guide/mentor a team to drive results
* Experience being a customer liaison and communicating technical and business priorities at all organizational levels
* Experience practicing and leading in agile development methodologies
* Ability to obtain a security clearance (not required to start)
* Strong technical leadership experience with ability to work with ambiguous requirements
* Strong operational experience in both Windows and Linux/Unix environment and scripting languages: PowerShell, Shell, Perl, Python
* Proficiency with .NET / C#
* Strong Git/Jenkins experience
* Cost Account Management experience
* Experience implementing TDD frameworks
* Experience delivering product to customer requirements in a DevOps operational environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we're engineering a better tomorrow.
Keywords: Lockheed Martin, Orlando , Lead Software Engineer - Orlando, IT / Software / Systems , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!