Location: Winter Garden
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Description Are you ready for a rewarding and exciting career?
Unleash your potential at Leidos, where we deliver innovative
solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people
who are dedicated to our customer's success. We empower our teams,
contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything
we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our
customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and
Values guide the way we do business.If this sounds like an
environment where you can thrive, keep reading!Are you a highly
motivated individual looking for an exciting opportunity to
contribute to an emerging simulation and training capability for
the United States Army? Look no further than the STE RVCT Program!
We're seeking a skilled Technical Writer/Editor to join our Product
Support development team and help us deliver top-notch operational
and maintenance documentation, as well as other project
deliverables to meet our contract requirements. If you're
passionate about supporting our troops and have a talent for
crafting clear and concise technical content, we want to hear from
you. Join us in this important mission and help us make a
difference for our nation's defenders - apply today!Your greatest
work is ahead!The Mission The Leidos Defense Group provides a
diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering
land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide.
Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT,
large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial
and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and
intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving
the world's toughest security challenges for customers with "can't
fail" missions. From scanning for illicit material at ports and
borders to predicting future events and instability up to five
years in advance, our products help customers make the world safer.
To explore and learn more, click here !Are you ready to join a team
dedicated to a mission? Begin your journey of a flourishing and
meaningful career, share your resume with us today!Your Main
- Gather technical and background information for inclusion in
project documentation and deliverables.
- Consult with relevant information sources and Subject Matter
Experts, and review other program technical documents to obtain
- Review and edit documents developed by others to ensure
accuracy and quality of content, organization, language, format
consistency, and conformance with established standards.
- Verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project
deliverables have been accomplished.
- Work with Program technical staff to develop documentation and
submit for review and approval by technical specialists and project
- Prepare Department of Defense (DoD) Operations and Maintenance
Technical Manuals in compliance with MIL-STD-40051-1C and
- Research, prepare, and edit complex technical documents for
publication, including user manuals, training materials,
installation guides, proposals, and reports.
- Review, research, and edit information for preparation of
- Ensure documents meet editorial and customer specifications and
adhere to standards for quality, graphics, format, and style.
- Interface with other team members and subject matter experts in
coordinating/preparing the edited draft for publication.
- Participate in the creation of proposals and multi-media
- Proofread material prepared by other team members.
- Be able to obtain a security clearance or already have an
active security clearance.What Sets You Apart (our basic
- Minimum of four (4) years of technical writing experience
working with DoD program documentation.
- Proficient English grammar skills. Ability to outline, write,
and edit technical papers and documentation.
- Technical knowledge of information systems
- Proficiency with desktop software such as Microsoft Project,
Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Proficiency in using/implementing military standards for
structured authoring (XML) in compliance with MILSTD-40051-1C/2C
- Proficient written and oral communication skills and
- Familiarity with Department of Defense military standards,
rules, and regulations pertaining to project management,
documentation deliverables, government contracts, and project
- Possess an understanding of Agile Scrum/Kanban project
- Familiarity with risk management and risk management
- Familiarity with Configuration Management Process.
- Possess a task-based/schedule-driven mindset.
- Ability to meet schedule timelines.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.You Might Also
Have (our preferred qualifications):
- Comprehensive knowledge of the organization's products and
services, customer requirements, purpose, structure of required
documentation, and end user's level of understanding.
- Performance Work Statements (PWS), Contract Data Requirements
Lists (CDRLs), and Data Item Descriptions (DIDs).
- Strong computer software skills and the ability to quickly
adapt to new software/enterprise tools.
- Adept at using specific tools and software to perform the job
(Oxygen, Notepad , Arbor text Print Composer).At Leidos, the
opportunities are boundless. We inspire our staff with interesting
assignments that allow them to thrive professionally and
personally. For us, helping you grow your career is good business.
We look forward to learning more about you - apply today! Pay
Range: Pay Range $48,750.00 - $88,125.00 The Leidos pay range for
this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of
compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending
an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the
job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as
well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable
bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Keywords: Leidos, Orlando , Technical Writer, IT / Software / Systems , Winter Garden, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!