IT Network & Systems Administrator
Company: Vanderlande Industries Inc
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Job TitleIT Network & Systems AdministratorJob DescriptionJob
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical IT leadership and architectural support to
O&M Service Team and customer
- Act as the technical subject matter expert for BHS applications
(i.e. VIBES, BPI) and liaise with Process Engineers to analyze
Baggage System Behavior.
- Help, train and develop Vibes Support Specialists to strengthen
their support capabilities and toolsets. Prepare the Control Room
Team to take on support of new releases and new applications.
- Work with customer to establish requirements and propose
solutions for IT changes.
- Manage IT risk mitigation in operations, projects and external
interfaces; build close relationships with Airport IT
- Manage the IT Life-cycle and propose solutions.
- Managing requirements, integration, configuration of IT and
software changes throughout the life cycle of the baggage handling
solution (define release plans).
- Analyses performance trends, recognizes opportunities and
proactively implement upgrades and enhancements, especially on IT
level (infrastructure as well as application design).
- Day-to-day IT and HLC (High-Level Controls) operations support;
As a technical leader contribute to
- Incident Management, taking a leading expert role in solving
complex multidisciplinary (Mechanical, Electrical, PLC, PC)
- Problem Management: complex problem resolution, fault finding
and root-cause analysis.
- Change Management: Validates and ensures complex integrated
change/modification/extension requests are vetted against the
overall design and will deliver the desired solution
- Drive continuous improvement of incidents resolution and root
- Ensures integrated systems of the material handling solution
cooperate and function adequately to ensure optimal performance, as
well as identify and minimize (technical) risks, especially on IT
and HLC level.
- Works closely with baggage control room, 2nd and 3rd line
support subject matter experts, NASC and IT service desk (Controls
applications and IT infrastructure escalations), global service
- Responsible the technical quality and successful acceptance
testing of modifications/extensions to the baggage handling
solution from IT and HLC perspective.
- Identifies and details (in cooperation with Vanderlande
experts) modifications, changes and improvements to the baggage
- Advising the Vanderlande Project teams of needed improvements
for project execution and proposing technical IT solutions for
complex and multidisciplinary problems.
- Supports Execution of projects from conception through client
handover with a positive result contribution on technical
performance of the organization.
- Oversees the transition of complex systems to live operations
to ensure system functionality and alignment to customer's
- Supporting the system design from mechanical, hardware, system
and network design, software development (PLC and/or PC/IT related
systems), integration of different components, system commissioning
and testing through to final handover to the customer.
- Plans, monitors and reports progress, costs and risks for major
new developments (architecture, integration and testing)
- Evaluates system performance after go-live to drive continuous
improvement of system performance and facilitate process
- Willing to serve as a stand-by or backup resource, possibly to
work shift work to accommodate a 24/7 service
- Strong baggage handling system architectural knowledge and
understanding application functionality.
- Good knowledge of complex electromechanical systems.
- Technical toolsets - SQL, Oracle Tools, scripting
- Good understanding of underlying technologies hosting
applications, databases, application servers, web servers, client
- Good knowledge of IT Infrastructure, high availability systems
incl. Oracle, HPE, SUSE Linux, VMware.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or v4 certification
- Works systematically and continuously improving processes for
self and department.
- You have strong analytical capabilities, together with an
entrepreneurial approach in which you're not afraid to take the
initiative and make decisions.
- You also have good communication skills and you are customer
- Ability to work under pressure on mission critical systems
- Team player, adaptable and willing to broaden skills outside
core skillset, and to develop and mentor other team members.
- Develop a good understanding of customer requirements
- A clear communicator, able to communicate at all levels, able
to be clear and concise to stakeholders and management at all
- Good attention to detail and ability to work to a high
- Good planning and scheduling skills.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant study (Logistics, IT, Industrial
or Computer Engineering)
- Affinity with intralogistics and operational environments,
preferably a background in automated handling systems, the capital
goods industry and/or system integration business
- Experienced in managing mission critical 24/7 complex IT
- Minimum 2-5 years relevant working experience in a logistics or
industrial engineering capacity.
- Great analytical skills.
- Eager to learn and independent.
- Able and Willing to sometimes travel internationally.
- Experience in working in a customer service desk is an
advantage.Other Requirements: Must be able to attain and sustain an
Airport I.D. BadgePosition Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a
full-time position, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6 p.m. May
require support off hours based on the situation.Travel: This
position requires up to 10% travel, including internationally. Need
to have a passport.Supervisory Responsibility: this role has no
supervisory responsibilityWork Environment While performing the
duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or
airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The
employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme weather
conditions. The noise level in the work environment and job sites
can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment.Employee works in
the secured baggage handling area, repair station, airfield, office
environment and other areas within the airport. They often must
meet strict deadlines to maintain flight schedules.Physical
Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to
handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally
required to stand; walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The
employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.Alternative or combined skills in
understanding, counseling, and/or influencing people are important
in achieving job objectives, causing action, understanding others,
or changing behavior; and, skills of persuasiveness or
assertiveness, as well as sensitivity to the point of view of
others.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently exposed the baggage handling system, mechanical parts
and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job
sites can be loud.Other Duties: Please note this job description is
not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
Keywords: Vanderlande Industries Inc, Orlando , IT Network & Systems Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...