Engineering Program Manager, Software Quality (Mobile App SW R&D), Remote West Coast
Posted on: January 16, 2022
JOB SUMMARY:Engineering Program Manager, Software Quality
(Mobile App SW R&D)Remote West Coast, USAMeet is partnering
with an industry leading medical device company based in Southern
California to support the growth of their product development
teams. As the company's diabetes product portfolio continues to
expand and the R&D department embarks on new development
programs, there has become a need for a Software Quality Program
Manager to represent the Quality function while driving software
development activities for mobile applications.
This is a highly-technical, NPD Program Manager role responsible
for driving global design quality and product development
strategies to ensure safety, reliability, manufacturability, and
usability of software products throughout the development
lifecycle. Previous software development experience in the medical
device industry and working knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, 21
CFR 820, IEC 62304, and MDD/EU MDR is required. This role has
Remote flexibility for candidates located on the West Coast
(Pacific Time Zone ideal) and able to work onsite 1-2 days a month.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborate with R&D, system engineering, product
management, and engineering teams in identifying new application,
data & security solutions, front and back-end.
- Drive development and implementation of the next generation
mobile architecture for iOS and Android Apps.
- Lead and mentor the software engineering group to achieve
strong organizational performance, grow and manage individual
talent, and advance company's technology strategy.
- Drive quality focused design and development of software within
the software development lifecycle (Agile/waterfall) by defining
the requirements, design, verification and validation plan and
strategies while maintaining traceability.
- Drive product delivery across multiple programs and oversee
results of remote teams who work closely with a team of USA-based
- Provide leadership and guidance to create consistency in
architecture, interface, and designs that will enable platforms and
future product expansion.
- Driving establishment of test strategies for complex systems,
partnering with regulatory on strategies for emerging
- Ensuring that design issues found are being addressed by the
appropriate stakeholders through technical reviews or design
- Ensure internal Design Control policies and procedures comply
with regulations and external standards, including software
regulations, risk management, and change control.
- Understanding and anticipating team needs in terms of resources
and timelines, aligning with functional managers and quality team
members to deploy appropriate resources to a program.
- Establish software lifecycle metrics for multiple projects
running in parallel.
- Communicate key program information to Technical & Quality
Leadership to ensure engagement and alignment, including
exceptions, roadblocks, key decisions related to design trade-offs,
risk-benefit and performance to key metrics and compliance.
- Review software code and participate in detailed technical
design and code reviews.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: -
- B.S./M.S. Degree in Computer Science/Engineering with 5+ years
of work experience in Engineering, Quality, Software Development,
and/or Program Management in the medical device industry (other FDA
regulated industry experience may be considered).
- Extensive experience in mobile application software development
- Hands on experience in mobile application space in environments
applying modern engineering practices (Lean, Agile, DevOps).
- Experience in software test design development and review, and
in reviewing and executing embedded software verification.
- Experience in performing mobile application software
requirements analysis, architecture design and detailed design
- Experience in cloud architecture, embedded software, software
processes and best practices for complex teams is highly
- Working knowledge of ISO 13485, ISO 14971, 21 CFR 820, IEC
62304, and MDD/EU MDR.
- Demonstrated success in project management, with exceptional
influence management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and proficient
in project management tools.
- Working knowledge of multiple quality disciplines, especially
reliability, safety and compliance.
- Strong experienced with root cause analysis and Design for
Reliability and Manufacturability.
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations and ISO standards
applicable to implantable medical devices and to drug-device
combinations is highly desired. -
Keywords: Meet, Orlando , Engineering Program Manager, Software Quality (Mobile App SW R&D), Remote West Coast, IT / Software / Systems , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!