Software Engineer II
Company: Proactive Technologies Llc
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Designing, developing, and testing subsystem for simulation and
training systems using Waterfall and/or Spiral processes
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with minimum guidance to design and develop software
- Prepares data and presentation material to support design
- Presents technical information relating to assigned subsystems
- Advises and mentors junior engineers, as needed, in pertinent
development areas (e.g., multithreading, synchronization, memory
management, data encoding and storage, I/O, network protocols,
computational modeling, and algorithm design and analysis).
- Tests developed subsystems in accordance with specified test
procedures and resolves associated discrepancies/deficiencies.
- Conducts software teams peer reviews to validate adherence to
coding and implementation standards.
- Assists in the development of test plans and procedures to
validate the functional correctness and desired performance of the
- Assists technical writers with documenting the design of
assigned software subsystems.
- Continually apprises supervisor of progress on assigned
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports research and development
- Performs all other duties related to essential duties as
- Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent education and
experience in an engineering discipline with a minimum of five (4)
years of simulation training systems development experience or
equivalent engineering software development
- Candidate must be capable of obtaining and maintaining US
Department of Defense secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Fundamentals of operating systems
- Basic algorithms and design patterns
- Modern programming language (e.g., C# and C++)
- Use of an integrated development environment (e.g., Visual
Studio or Eclipse)
- Software configuration management tool (e.g., Git or Team
Preferred Skills (but not required skills):
- Gaming engine (e.g., Unity and Unreal)
- Bug tracking tool (e.g., Bugzilla or Team Foundation
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Leadership of development teams of up to five software
Keywords: Proactive Technologies Llc, Orlando , Software Engineer II, IT / Software / Systems , Oviedo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!