Lead HR Business Partner (Labor Relations)
Posted on: January 14, 2018
CenturyLink (NYSE:CTL) is a premier network solutions provider and trusted partner to our customers. As part of our recent acquisition of Level 3 Communications, our portfolio has expanded. More customers. More network. More locations. More opportunities for you. With a global presence in 60 countries, service to more than 350 metro areas domestically, and more than 200,000 miles of fiber; CenturyLink is going places. At CenturyLink, we believe in growth and innovation, for our customers and our employees. Discover how CenturyLink can expand your potential and take your career to new places if you're looking to join a company that celebrates diversity and creativity, with industry-leading benefits and commitment to employee advancement. We're committed to bringing great talent to our team to help us change the world. One network connection at a time. Job Summary This HRBP understands how best in class talent drives the organization's success. In this role, you will drive organizational excellence by utilizing their knowledge of the business and competitive marketplace, influencing key business decisions, applying data analytics, leveraging built relationships, and utilizing the broader HR organization to execute. Job Description
- You will provide labor relations guidance and thought leadership to management to generate support for the strategic direction of the business.
- Interface with union leadership to provide guidance and direction on grievance resolutions, contract interpretations and implementation, and disciplinary issues.
- Serve as trusted advisor and influencer - Provide candid and unbiased counsel and create an interactive partnership. Through leadership courage and business acumen, build trust and credibility to influence both talent and leadership decisions.
- Enable Business Results - Influence business conversations based on ability to provide solutions to organizational and business issues. Connect HR strategies aligned to the needs of the end customer and market demands. Use business knowledge and analytics to design and implement HR and org strategies.
- Organizational effectiveness and development - Anticipate business needs and proactively develop innovative HR solutions to help drive results through organizational design and development. Implement employee engagement and culture strategies.
- Broker HR Services - Serve as the face of HR to the organization and broker and influence services with HR COEs, as well as other functions and business units in the organization. Provide end to end HR support and ensure that all business needs are met. Position Locations: Apopka, FL or Naples, FL Qualifications Basic Qualifications:
- Hands on experience and capability providing strategic support to managers of unionized employees required
- Large company HR experience in a COE / Shared Services environment
- Proven ability to provide executive coaching and partnership with senior business leadership
- Minimum of 6+ years experience with a Bachelor's degree, 4+ with a Master's degree.
- Bachelors degree in business or HR related field Preferred Qualifications:
- Master's Degree in business or HR related field
- Experience negotiating agreements/resolutions with Union leadership preferred
- Familiarity and/or experience with Lean/Six Sigma methodologies - standard work, Gemba, Process Mapping, Kaizen, etc. Education Bachelors or Equivalent Masters or Equivalent Alternate Location: US-Florida-Apopka; US-Florida-Naples Requisition # : 165514 This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at EEO Statement We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training. Disclaimer The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: CenturyLink, Orlando, Lead HR Business Partner (Labor Relations), Human Resources, Apopka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!