Auto Parts Counterman
Company: The Parts House
Posted on: October 12, 2018
Job DetailsLevel EntryJob Location LOC-56 - Longwood, FLPosition Type Full TimeJob Shift DayJob Category SalesDescription Summary
Sell automotive replacement parts to repair shops, fleets, municipalities and new car dealers; answer customer inquiries; provide catalog look-up service; process orders via phone, fax or internet; collaborate with store managers and outside sales representatives, and complete the following tasks:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer telephone calls, faxes and emails promptly.
- Provide professional service to ensure the customers' needs are met.
- Effectively communicate features, benefits and warranty policy information to customers.
- Input stock orders from salesmen.
- Provide catalog look-up service.
- Process customer orders via phone, fax or internet.
- Source product/conduct buyouts for customers.
- Maintain TPH's reputation through prompt, pleasant and professional interaction with current and prospective customers.
- Make sure customers feel valued and listened to.
- Resolve issues, complaints and problems from all customers, and resolve them independently or forward to the CSRM when further assistance is necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Able to consistently arrive to work, meetings and appointments on time.
- Able to adapt to expected and unexpected changing business conditions. Be able to think creatively to overcome customer objections.
- Excellent Communication
- Able to speak clearly and persuasively, listen carefully and respond accordingly, participate in meetings, and read and interpret information.
- Excellent Customer Service
- Assist your customers to the best of your abilities. Always provide top service, prompt response, and assistance with problems.
- Professionalism and Positive Ethical Conduct
- Approach others in a tactful and respectful manner, and display sound and accurate judgment. Keep commitments, work with integrity and uphold organizational values.
- Follow instructions, respond to management directions, take ownership for personal actions, uphold commitments and complete tasks on time. Constantly try to increase productivity and response time.
- Adherence to Safety Guidelines
- Observe safety and security procedures, determine appropriate action beyond guidelines, report potentially unsafe conditions and use equipment and materials in a safe and proper manner.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the following qualifications. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Education and/or Experience
- A high school degree or equivalency is required.
- Must have two or more years of automotive parts counter experience with a jobber, fleet or dealership.
- Must have prior knowledge of electronic cataloging and/or inventory management systems.
- An ASE Parts Certification is desired.
- Language Skills
- Able to read and write, and effectively present information to customers, managers and fellow employees. Proficient Spanish language skills are desired (unless in Puerto Rico, where fluency in Spanish is required).
- Problem-Solving and Reasoning
- Must demonstrate the ability to solve problems and negotiate quickly and efficiently; able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must pay excellent attention to detail; thoroughly complete a given task.
- Mathematical Skills
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all American units of measurement, including whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Physical Demands
- Able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Must be able to type and keypunch a minimum of 45 wpm. Must be able to repeatedly lift 50 lbs.
- Dress Code
- The employee must be suitably attired and groomed during work hours, or while representing the company.
- Background Check and Drug Test
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug test.
Keywords: The Parts House, Orlando , Auto Parts Counterman, Hospitality & Tourism , Longwood, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!