Laundry Mechanic Supervisor - Loews Hotels
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury
hotels with a portfolio consisting of 26 hotels and resorts in the
United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort
destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features
one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and
embrace their "uniquely local" community in order to curate
exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.Our
current Lakewood support facility in Orlando, and our brand new,
state-of-the-art support facility in Apopka, Florida provides
laundry and warehouse resources for the Orlando hotel campus, plus
opportunities to join the Loews family and grow your career.
- Competitive pay rates
- Universal Orlando, Sea World Orlando and Busch Gardens Tampa
Bay theme park access
- One free meal per shift
- Free uniforms
- Team member travel benefits
- Healthcare benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401(k) plan
- Career growth opportunitiesResponsibilities: The Laundry
Mechanic Supervisor works with a team to perform skilled technical
work in the maintenance, repair, replacement, and installation of
laundry equipment; commercial washers, dryers, conveyors, ironers,
folders, boilers and steam press.
- Thorough knowledge of electrical systems, computer control
systems and components, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and
systems boiler and steam distribution and return, air conditioning
and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Thorough knowledge of OSHA safety procedures and
- Thorough knowledge of utility and sewer systems associated with
- Skill in using computer systems for laundry management systems
and internal communications.
- English language communication skills in order to complete
logs, read blueprints and mechanical drawings, communicate with
co-workers and fully comprehend job assignments.
- Basic trade mathematical skills.
- Assists in training other technicians and staff in preventive
maintenance of Laundry systems.
- Prepares records and reports describing procedures, action
taken and recommended solutions.
- Prepares and submits requests for supplies and equipment.
- Responds to emergency service requests.
- May supervise work of other technicians.
- Knowledge of pertinent rules and regulations, guidelines,
safety order, departmental operating procedures and safety
regulations sufficient to insure that work is performed in
compliance with applicable law.
- Enforces sound safety, required training for team members and
- Follows safety rules and procedures; avoid known hazards in the
- Reviews safety procedures before beginning each job with known
- Supervise and assign team member tasks.
- Conformance with Loews standards of operation.
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the
- Other duties as assigned.Required:
- Strong mechanical skills
- Excellent troubleshooting ability
- Previous training and experience in laundry equipment
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence
- 5+ years of progressive experience in working with laundry
systems and equipment
- Experience with successfully diagnosing problems and taken
necessary corrective action to minimize downtime.Education
- High School Diploma or GED
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Orlando , Laundry Mechanic Supervisor - Loews Hotels, Hospitality & Tourism , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!