Event Set-up Part Time
Company: MARRIOTT ORLANDO DOWNTOWN
Posted on: November 22, 2021
The Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel in Orlando, FL is searching
for an Event Set-up Part Time to join our team. Located in the
Creative Village in downtown Orlando, the hotel has 297 guest rooms
with views of the downtown Orlando Skyline. This great full-service
Marriott Hotel has 15 meeting rooms with 15,992 sq. ft of space, an
onsite Starbucks, Shade Bar and Grill, Fitness Center, and Outdoor
Duties and Functions:
- Signs our necessary keys and assures that they are turned in at
the end of each shift.
- Reviews Banquet Event Orders and sets up each function room
accordingly. Ensures that all items required are provided prior to
scheduled time of function.
- Assists in the set-up of audio visual equipment necessary for
the function and ensures that all equipment functions properly. May
instruct guest contact in the proper functioning of the
- Continually checks meeting rooms for necessary items including
ice, beverages, cleanliness, etc.
- Maintain cleanliness of Back Aisle and storage rooms throughout
- Responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of all function
space including Vacuum floors, clean walls, windows and mirrors in
event space and surrounding public areas.
- Inspect banquet furnishings and equipment for defects,
cleanliness, and any other maintenance needed and reporting to the
- Breaks down all equipment at the end of the function and
returns it to the appropriate location for storage. Arranges
equipment as directed by the Supervisor.
- Ensure that empty Banquet rooms and completely clean and
organized, ready for a site inspection with potential guests.
- Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate
napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean
- Restock area, and report needed supplies to the banquet captain
- Reports any maintenance needs to the Banquet Captain.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and
procedures to promote a clean, safe, and secure environment
- Safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective
- Use the Lockout/Tag-out system before performing any
- Use correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with
others; support team to reach common goals.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift,
carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to
50 pounds without assistance and objects in excess of 50 pounds
- Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, reach and
kneel, and have the ability to lift and carry full trays frequently
weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an
entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending,
twisting, pulling, and stooping.Desired Qualifications:
- Previous Banquet experience a plus.
- Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings,
weekends and holidays
- Good communication skillsWe're an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, and veteran or disability status.
Keywords: MARRIOTT ORLANDO DOWNTOWN, Orlando , Event Set-up Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!