Posted on: December 6, 2019
Posting Date Nov 29, 2019
Job Number 19167697
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center, 6000 W. Osceola
Parkway, Kissimmee, Florida, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a
single focus: extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest
rooms and meeting space, to entertainment and dining all in a
self-contained environment, Gaylord Hotels makes meeting planning
easy and provides attendees great networking opportunities. As a
Gaylord Hotels STAR, you'll bring your warm smile, genuine
excitement and a "consider it done" spirit to work. In return,
you'll experience the rewards of growing your career among a team
of professionals with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change?
Take the initiative. Enjoy the Rewards.
Accountable for overall success of the daily kitchen operations.
Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while
leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to
continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Supervises all kitchen areas to
ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible
for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must
ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the culinary,
food and beverage, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years
experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Leading Culinary Team
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
* Supervises and manages employees. Managing all day-to-day
operations. Understanding employee positions well enough to perform
duties in employees' absence.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
* Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Ensures and maintains the productivity level of employees.
* Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and
reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address
employee problems or concerns.
* Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with
employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
* Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of
* Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and executing
requests based on required specifications.
* Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers
engaged in food preparation.
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas,
relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
* Supervises kitchen shift operations and ensures compliance with
all Food & Beverage policies, standards and procedures.
* Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
* Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food
* Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation
* Assists Executive Chef with all kitchen operations.
* Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
* Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
* Assists in determining how food should be presented and creates
decorative food displays.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
* Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
* Manages day-to-day operations, ensures the quality, standards and
meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Improves service by communicating and assists individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
* Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to
* Strives to improve service performance.
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
Maintaining Culinary Goals
* Achieves and exceeds goals including performance goals, budget
goals, team goals, etc.
* Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and
accomplish your work.
* Understands the impact of departments operation on the overall
property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or
exceed budgeted goals.
* Trains employees in safety procedures.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches,
mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or
* Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal
educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or
* Manages payroll administration.
* Brings issues to the attention of the department manager and
Human Resources as necessary.
* Utilizes the Labor Management System to effectively schedule to
business demands and for tracking of employee time and
* Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational
needs and financial objectives are met.
* Participates in employee progress discipline procedures.
* Participates in the employee performance appraisal process,
providing feedback as needed.
* Participates in the development and implementation of corrective
* Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
* Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed
to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.
Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of
disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under
federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Marriott, Orlando , Sous Chef-Senior, Hospitality & Tourism , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!