ED Advanced Technician II Clinical Transition Unit
Company: AdventHealth Greater Orlando
Posted on: March 18, 2019
ED Advanced Technician II Clinical Transition Unit OrlandoAdventHealth Orlando seeks to hire an ED Advanced Technician II who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Facility Profile:Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,107-bed AdventHealth Orlando, serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America. AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country. We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year. Department Profile:Our specialty Progressive Care Units care for a diverse patient population and include: 17-bed PCU, 53-bed Multisystem PCU, 21-bed Surgical PCU, 18-bed Transplant PCU, 32-bed Medical Surgical PCU, 32-bed Clinical Transition Unit, and Fracture Care Center. Work Hours/Shifts:3/12s; 7a -7p Job Summary:The Advanced Technician II performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Trauma Nurse Care Course (TNCC) (Preferred)
- Completion of a paramedic program, LPN (if hired prior to 3/31/14), or registered nurse program
- Monitor Tech cross-training (Preferred)
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Valid Florida State Licensure as a Paramedic OR
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Licensed Practical Nurse (if hired prior to 03/31/14) OR
- Licensed as an RN in the state of Florida (awaiting RN position availability up to 120 days) OR
- Licensed as an RN in another state (awaiting Florida RN License up to 90 days)
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support PALS or Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course ENPC (not applicable to 5490, 6162, 6780 and 7500 Adults only transport)
Job Responsibilities:Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it
- Attaches 12 lead EKGs and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring, and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
- Inserts peripheral IVs, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
- Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
- Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams; i.e. set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc. Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
- Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
- Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness.
- Performs accurate order entry. Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit. Paramedic does not: perform skills that according to state and hospital policy are to be performed by the RN only, perform assessment, add IV additives to IV fluids, administer any oral, subcutaneous, topical, IM, or IV medications, hang blood components, sign off doctors orders to give report, change rates of any medicated IVF or maintain an independent patient care assignment.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the ED Advanced Technician II opportunity with AdventHealth Orlando and apply online today. Job Keywords:RN, Registered Nurse, Medical, Clinical, Transition, CTU, Orlando
Keywords: AdventHealth Greater Orlando, Orlando , ED Advanced Technician II Clinical Transition Unit, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!