Certified Surgical Technician Surgical Services
Company: AdventHealth Greater Orlando
Posted on: March 18, 2019
Certified Surgical Technician Surgical Services East OrlandoAdventHealth East Orlando seeks to hire Certified Surgical Technician who will embrace our mission to extend the healing ministry of Christ. Facility Profile:AdventHealth East Orlando, a 265-bed community hospital, has been serving East Orlando residents since 1941 as an innovative local leader that fills a vital need in a fast-growing area. A recent 200,000 square-foot expansion project upgraded the hospital to 265 beds, with a spacious patient tower and 80 new private rooms designed to enhance the holistic care experience. Work Hours/Shifts:3/12'S, 7a - 7p Job Summary:Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements.
- Graduate from school of surgical technology or LPN program or RN program, or completion of a military training program that includes surgical technology skills.
- Experience in the clinical setting related to area of specialty (Preferred).
- SURH for 6801 one year of experience in orthopedics and/or trauma surgery (Preferred).
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills (Preferred).
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation(Preferred).
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- LPN Program Graduates: Current valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- CST or CORT certification OR
- Completion of an RN training program
Job Responsibilities:Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealths core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and AH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
- Participates in practice changes as a result of performance improvement activities. Supports quality standards and initiatives set by the department. Adheres to all policies and procedures.
- Supports the customer and employee satisfaction activities of the organization. Maintains good relationships with physicians, management, other departments and staff. Investigates and responds to complaints in a timely manner.
If you want to be a part of a team that is dedicated to delivering the highest quality in patient care, we invite you to explore the Certified Surgical Technician opportunity with AdventHealth East Orlando and apply online today. Job Keywords:Certified, Surgical Technician, General Surgery, East Orlando
Keywords: AdventHealth Greater Orlando, Orlando , Certified Surgical Technician Surgical Services, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!