Field RN Case Manager Cornerstone Hospice - Hospice
Company: Chapters Health System
Posted on: November 18, 2023
Field RN Case Manager Cornerstone HospiceIt's inspiring to work
with a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're
When you become part of the Chapters Health Team, you'll realize
it's more than a job. It's a mission. We're committed to providing
outstanding patient care and a high level of customer service in
our communities every day. Our employees make all the difference in
The RN, Care Coordinator is responsible for assessing and
identifying patient/family needs, utilizing the nursing process,
coordinating the Plan of Care with the Interdisciplinary Group
(IDG), and providing palliative and supportive care to the
* Current license as RN in the state where the employee will be
* Minimum one (1) year of in-patient nursing or hospice experience
for external candidates; for internal applicants, minimum of
6-months of LPN experience with hospice/home health within an
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Mobile Driver - Valid driver's license and automobile insurance
per Company policy
* Reliable transportation to meet visit schedule
* Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
* Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
* Flexible schedule to meet the needs of Hospice House patients
* Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring
for terminally ill patients and their families
* Ability to physically access patient rooms, other areas of the
Hospice House/Hospital/ALF, etc., and any home (i.e., navigate
stairs and narrow spaces, tolerate heat and lack of air
conditioning) within any part of the service area
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
* Active BLS for healthcare professionals from the American Heart
Association or Red Cross. Employees hired prior to 12/31/2022 must
obtain certificate prior to 10/1/2023
Some locations may require:
* Completes clinical admissions for all Company services including,
but not limited to:
* Explains services to potential patients/families and addresses
questions regarding patient fears, physical limitations, while
putting the patient/family at ease; presents services in an
empathetic and compassionate manner
* Identifies admission objections, concerns or other entry barriers
and provides responses
* Educates patient/family on admission requirements and addresses
* Completes informed consents and initial assessment according to
regulations and Company policy
* Provides information to Physicians and initiates Plan of Care to
address patient's immediate needs
* Initiates skilled nursing interventions to prevent complications,
alleviate symptoms and maximize physical and emotional comfort
* Obtains Physician orders
* Completes documentation per Company policy
* Acts as the Company representative at assigned facilities while
facilitating referrals to all service lines; works closely with
referring hospitals, physicians, facilities, patients, families,
and the general public.
* Communicates frequently with Admissions to ensure timely
follow-up. When assignment is complete, informs Admissions and
prepares for next assignment.
* Provides all necessary clinical communication timely using
* Discusses any potential needs with after-hours staff.
* Obtains consents for services and arranges safe discharge in an
efficient manner for referred and eligible patients while meeting
* Obtains medical record information for the referral.
* Develops strong relationships with case managers, physicians,
etc. at facilities.
* Works with Professional Relations Representatives (PRRs) to
provide education on all available services.
* Provides care for any GIP patients in a hospital including daily
visits, professional management, documentation and efficient
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
* Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as part
of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
* Coordinates the Plan of Care, ensuring that an individualized
Plan of Care is developed that accurately reflects the patient's
* Educates patient, family, caregivers and other health
professionals about disease process and decline, palliative
interventions, care giving, dying process and safety practices.
* Reports changes in the patient's condition to appropriate members
of the IDG or other health professionals.
* Participates with the IDG to evaluate hospice
referrals/admissions for level of care appropriateness.
* Attends patient deaths; prepares body for transport; oversees
disposal of medications.
* Provides appropriate bereavement interventions to the family and
caregiver in conjunction with psychosocial staff.
* Presents concise and pertinent oral and written reports to IDG;
respects and encourages input from all disciplines.
* Communicates accurately and completely to physicians, staff
members, patients, families, and supervisors; utilizes positive
approaches when working with others.
* Supervises patient care given by other nursing team members
(i.e., LPNs, Hospice Aides, and contract nurses).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; lift;
Occasionally required to: pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb
This position requires consent to drug and/or alcohol testing after
a conditional offer of employment is made, as well as on-going
compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace Policy.
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Orlando , Field RN Case Manager Cornerstone Hospice - Hospice, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!