Registered Nurse - Med Surg
Posted on: May 28, 2023
NEW INCREASED BASE RATE, Starts at $32 / hr!
Additional $$ for experience and education ($.48 / hr for BS or $.72 / hr for MSN).
Variety of Schedules with Competitive Shift Differentials!
8 and 12 hour shifts available!
Rate after shift differentials look like:
2 nd Shift MONDAY-FRIDAY from $35 - $39.48 / hr
2 nd Shift SATURDAY-SUNDAY from $39.50 - $43.98 / hr
3 rd Shift MONDAY-THURSDAY from $35.50 - $39.98 / hr
3 rd Shift FRIDAY-SUNDAY from $39.50 - $43.98 / hr
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Florida provides programs and services for children and adolescents who face significant emotional, behavioral and intellectual/developmental challenges. Based out of Viera, FL, this position is responsible for ensuring client care by providing medications, ensuring regular medical checkups, and keeping medical file updated, as well as keeping an open line of communication with clients' family and medical staff (doctors, therapists, other nurses, etc.).
Benefits and Rewards
We strive to create an inclusive environment, and retain the talented employees who make our organization a great place to work. We offer:
* Paid time off (24 days per year, increase with years of service); Sick time (64 hours per year)
* Retirement - 403(b) through TIAA
* Quality Low-Cost Benefits (medical, dental, vision), pet insurance, plus student loan debt assistance and 30-day benefit eligibility waiting period for new hires!http://benefits.devereux.org
* eM Life for Mental Health and Work/Life Programs
* ASCEND - Tuition Program You deserve to work somewhere that gives back to you! Devereux is proud to offer ASCEND - the first career accelerator program exclusively designed to give behavioral healthcare workers - the career guidance, one-on-one coaching, skills and financial assistance you need to reach your full potential. This program includes 100% of tuition covered(up to fifteen thousand dollars annually for undergraduate and twenty-five thousand dollars annually for graduate)and student loan repayment, among other benefits!
* Free access to Payactiv , a platform to get a portion of your earned wages between pay periods
* Employee Assistance Program and Employee Discounts - Available the first day of employment through Carebridge
* Service Awards - All employees celebrating a five-year increment (5, 10, 15, etc.) anniversary receive taxable compensation in recognition of their long-term commitment to Devereux
* Devereux will pay for your license renewal CEU's as part of our nurse continuing education program.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing:
* Associate's Degree or Diploma required
* Bachelor of Science in Nursing (strongly preferred)
* Board certification:
* Registered Nurse in the State of Florida required
* Must be able to complete a two-week new hire orientation class (Monday - Friday); hours are approximately 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
* This position is for various shifts
* 2 Years of nursing experience or previous experience working in another position with the DJJ, IDD, or Psychiatric population in a group home or residential facilitypreferred
* Valid Florida driver's license
* Successfully pass pre-employment medical screenings which include: Drug Test, Physical, TB Test. Devereux requires all employees to obtain the annual Influenza Vaccine.
* Must be able to take and pass Safe and Positive Approaches (SPA) training, including the initial training during orientation and subsequent re-certifications.
* Must be proficient in nursing assessment skills and basic software programs.
* Devereux requires all individuals interviewing for a position involving contact with children to complete The Diana Screen, a screening that assesses a candidate's understanding of appropriate boundaries between adults and children.
Devereux has a zero-tolerance policy for abuse and maintains policies and procedures to systematically reduce the risk of abuse to occur in our organization. Devereux fosters a culture of reporting abuse, and will cooperate with the authorities to the fullest extent possible.
Posted Date 3 hours ago (5/23/2023 1:53 PM)
Requisition ID 2023-30842
Position Type Part-Time
The employment policies of Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
Keywords: Devereux, Orlando , Registered Nurse - Med Surg, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
here to apply!