Per Diem Certified Surgical Technologist
Posted on: May 27, 2023
Davenport Ambulatory Surgery Center -is seeking a motivated
Certified Surgical Technologist to join our team! -Job Summary:
- Anticipates the needs of the surgical team.
- Establishes and maintains sterile field during surgical
procedures in the operating room. -Essential Job Duties and
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining a
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle,
and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming the
source/name of the specimen with the surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning
areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all
patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
- Attends in-services, conferences, and meetings as
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staff, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Completion of an appropriate surgical technician program or
previous surgical technician experience of at least two years.
- Previous experience in an ambulatory surgical center is
- Must possess a strong knowledge of surgical procedures and
management of the surgical patient
- Understanding of aseptic techniques and their
- Ability to quickly adapt to the changing condition of the
patient when needed
- Must be an excellent team player and have the ability to
communicate with staff, patients, and physicians -At USPI, we
create relationships that create better care. We partner with
physicians and healthcare systems to provide first-class ambulatory
solutions throughout the United States. -We are committed to
providing surgical services in the most efficient and clinically
excellent manner.USPI is committed to, and proud of our inclusive
culture. An inclusive culture, in our view, is respectful of
differences and nurtures and supports the contributions of each
individual, while also embracing and leveraging diversity. A
diverse workforce, combined with an inclusive culture, makes USPI
stronger and better able to meet the needs of our diverse patient
and physician population.For more information about USPI, check out
our -, -, -, or -. -#LI-TB1Employment practices will not be
influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally
protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would
result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: USPI, Orlando , Per Diem Certified Surgical Technologist, Healthcare , Davenport, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...