Nurse Educator Emergency Orlando FT Days
Posted on: May 27, 2023
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Whole Person Wellbeing and Mental Health Resources
Employee Discount Program, including tickets, travel, Pet Insurance, and More!
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days, Mon-Fri
Location : 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
- AdventHealth Orlando's state-of-the-art ED is one of the largest in the U.S. with 80+ treatment areas, caring for nearly 100,000 patients every year.
- Our campus is a comprehensive stroke center with a 24/7 intervention lab, houses one of the largest 24/7 cardiac catheterization labs in the country, and is also the transplant institute for central Florida allowing nurses to care for some of Orlando's most critical patients.
- We have a recent ED expansion which added 20 beds with brand new equipment. This space includes state-of-the-art ultrasound machines, the ability to initiate ECMO, a special room for highly infectious disease patients which allows access to enter directly from the outside, and two new critical care bays.
- Our ED focuses on adult patients only with a large pediatric ED just next door.
- Working in the emergency department offers exposure to clinical trials and other cutting-edge procedures.
The community you'll be caring for:
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Nurse Educator is responsible for facilitating the development of clinical excellence in assigned areas through active participation in orientation, training/role transition, career development, continuing education/continued competence and academic partnerships. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
Orientation: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates orientation for individuals new to the nursing unit/department. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for orientation. Evaluates unit/department orientation process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
Training/Role Transition: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to training of new graduate and experienced nurses new to the unit/department. Activities to include coaching of new nurse, performance evaluation and growth plans, in collaboration with management, if necessary. Monitors and reports compliance with required documentation for training. Evaluates training/role transition process based on health care trends, learning needs and organizational goals.
Leadership: Actively participates, communicates and serves as a positive change agent for all units'/departments', campuses' and system's initiatives/goals and leadership activities. Participates as required in recruitment and interviewing of staff.
Career Development: Facilitates and evaluates activities related to career development and succession planning for assigned staff, in collaboration with unit/department leadership. Counsels assigned staff related to their career pathway.
Continuing Education/Continued Competency: Creates, plans, implements and coordinates activities related to systematic professional learning experiences, based on needs assessments, designed to augment the knowledge, skills and attitudes of assigned staff including continuing education, in-service education, continued competence based on unit/department needs, organization initiatives/goals and policy revisions. Monitors and reports compliance with required education.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
Bachelor of Science (BSN) OR Master of Science (MSN) degree
Three-five years experience in the area of specialty applying for
Previous teaching experience in formal/informal settings
Current, valid Florida State of Nursing license as a registered professional nurse
Basic Life Support (BLS) Provider Certification
Advanced Life Support Provider Certification, per specialty
Master of Science degree
Prior experience as a nurse educator
Certification as Nursing Professional Development Educator
Certification in clinical or educator specialty
Basic or advanced life support instructor, depending on specialty (Instructor certification overrides Provider certification)
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs such as Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 23014758
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Keywords: AdventHealth, Orlando , Nurse Educator Emergency Orlando FT Days, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
here to apply!