Registered Nurse RN Preop PACU - PreOp / PACU - Post Anesthesia Care
Company: AdventHealth Winter Garden (FKA Florida Hospital W
Location: Winter Garden
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Registered Nurse RN Preop PACUDescription
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *Up to $20,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
* Paid Days Off from Day One for Full-Time and Part-Time employees
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full-time days 3/12s 7a-7p, PRN Days 7a-7p, Part-Time Days 2/12s 7a-7p
Location: 2200 Fowler Grove Blvd, Winter Garden, FL 34787
The community you'll be caring for:
* AdventHealth Winter Garden is a state-of-the-art emergency facility featuring board-certified physicians trained in the care of both adults and children
* The 97,415-square-foot, three-story facility opened in February 2016 across from Winter Garden Village at Fowler Groves
* It is AdventHealth's ninth campus in Central Florida. Outpatient imaging, lab, and surgical services, as well as primary care and specialty physician offices, are all available at one convenient location
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA], 2012)
* NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King, 1995)
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
* _ Terms: _24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not eligible.
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Florida
Shift: Winter Garden
Req ID: 22021718
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Registered Nurse RN Preop PACUDescription
Keywords: AdventHealth Winter Garden (FKA Florida Hospital W, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Preop PACU - PreOp / PACU - Post Anesthesia Care, Healthcare , Winter Garden, Florida
here to apply!