Registered Nurse Surgical Trauma PCU Weekends Only FT Nights - Surgical ICU Stepdown
Company: Advent Health Orlando
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Registered Nurse Surgical Trauma PCU Weekends Only FT
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - Weekend only schedule
Shift : Night shift, 7pm to 7am
Location : AdventHealth Orlando - 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
* Weekend only Work RN contracts include a 26 week Full Time Employment contract with AdventHealth Orlando's Surgical Trauma Progressive Care Unit with potential to renew at the end
* Schedule requirements include working every Saturday and Sunday plus 1 additional shift each week on a varying day for a total of 36 hours per week
* AdventHealth Orlando's Surgical Trauma PCUis proud to provide skilled, specialized surgical care to wide array of general abdominal surgery, colorectal, surgical/gynecological oncology patients in the immediate post-operative period.
* This patient population ranges from patients recovering from Whipple's, Ivor Lewis esophagectomies, bowel resections secondary to life-threatening ischemic bowel, pelvic floor reconstructions, thyroidectomies, mastectomies, paraoesophageal hernia repairs with Nissen fundoplication's, and Le Fort jaw fracture repairs secondary to traumatic facial injuries.
* The patient acuity on this surgical progressive care unit prepares new nurses to fine-tune their critical thinking skills. It helps nurses to build foundations to successfully transition to a higher level of care such as ICU or PACU.
* The possibilities are endless! We work collaboratively with our physicians and take great pride in our teamwork with a strong focus on maintaining a work environment that feels like family.
The community you'll be caring for:
* Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
* serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety. Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all interactions with the patient to their level of understanding. Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a Registered Nurse
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per specialty/unit requirements
* EKG per specialty/unit requirements
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 3 - Night
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 22005583
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Registered Nurse Surgical Trauma PCU Weekends Only FT
Keywords: Advent Health Orlando, Orlando , Registered Nurse Surgical Trauma PCU Weekends Only FT Nights - Surgical ICU Stepdown, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
here to apply!