Cath Lab RN - Cardiac Cath Lab
Company: Advent Health Apopka
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Cath Lab RNDescription
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Career Development
* $15,000 Sign-on Bonus for eligible applicants
* $3,000 Relocation Bonus for eligible applicants
Our promise to you: Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time Days
Shift: 6:30am-4:00pm, 4 days/ week plus call
The community you'll be caring for: AdventHealth Apopka
* AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering an extensive range of services including expanded surgical services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
* The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire station
* The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more than four decades
The role you'll contribute: The Cardiovascular Invasive Laboratory Specialist II (CILS II) performs a wide range of technical skills, which are utilized during a variety of Diagnostic Cardiovascular, Non-ablation Electrophysiology or Interventional Radiology procedures to provide an efficient, comfortable, and safe examination of all patients. The CILS II is proficient in all aspects of angiography, preparation, assessment, documentation and monitoring consistent with the policies, procedures and processes of the Cardiovascular Services department and Hospital Administration. Adheres to the guidelines and standards of professional practice associations. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand hygiene according to accepted standards of care. Identifies and prepares patient using aseptic technique as dictated by procedure ordered. Exhibits awareness of hazards which may endanger patients. Ensures adherence to regulatory standards and enforces safety regulations. Annually meets all required department specific competencies
* Verifies orders and facilitates implementation, communicating with physician as needed. Performs treatments and administers medications according to policy and training. Functions appropriately in clinical emergencies. Evaluates effectiveness of interventions and medications. Performs within the bounds of the applicable scope of practice for Cardiovascular Invasive Lab Technologists. Facilitates timely patient throughput
* Produce an accurately written, promptly completed medical record for each patient based on the scope and complexity of the intervention procedure and patient clinical conditions. Maintains authenticity and security of the record, and follows prescribed process for amending documents
* Performs effectively in all three procedural roles (circulate, monitor, scrub) required in a therapeutic cardiac laboratory team based on the Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Scope of Practice. Takes call as rotated/assigned and responds (in hospital) per policy.
* Proficiently performs diagnostic coronary procedures, diagnostic electrophysiology procedures, interventional radiology procedures, peripheral diagnostic and/or interventional procedures.
* Learns and upgrades skills. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and education of new personnel. Provides training for procedures within their competency
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Associate OR Bachelor's degree in Cardiovascular Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Nursing, Radiologic Technology or Respiratory Therapy
* Basic Life Support (BLS)
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
* Must possess and maintain one of the following:
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* Radiologic Technologist [R.T.(R)]
* Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
* Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS)
* Registered Cardiovascular Electrophysiology Specialist (RCES)
* National Registry of Paramedics (NREMT-P)
* Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) in campuses who perform procedures on pediatric patients
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Cath Lab/Special Procedures
Organization: AdventHealth Apopka
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Apopka
Req ID: 22031563
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Cath Lab RNDescription
Keywords: Advent Health Apopka, Orlando , Cath Lab RN - Cardiac Cath Lab, Healthcare , Apopka, Florida
here to apply!