Senior Nurse Manager RN Multisystem ICU - ICU - Intensive Care Unit
Company: Advent Health Orlando
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Senior Nurse Manager RN Multisystem ICUDescription
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
* Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
* Mental Health Resources and Support
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Shift : 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Location : 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
* Diverse patient population with cases including renal failure, respiratory failure with ventilator management, septic shock with MODS, hypovolemic shock, DKA with severe acidosis, post cardiac arrest code cool, and more!
* A team of highly engaged nurses with dedicated preceptors who love to teach eager new nurses
* A leadership team with more than 60 years of nursing expertise to help grow and mentor our nurses.
The community you'll be caring for:
* Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital, 1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the country
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation, providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and 125,000 outpatients each year
* Click here (https://www.adventhealth.com/careers/orlando-jobs) to learn more about Orlando campus!
The role you'll contribute:
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of Nursing (DON) and Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* Human Resource Management - Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvements as appropriate. Uses independent judgment to:
* Suspend or invoke other discipline for work infractions, performance deficiencies and conduct violations by exercising supervisory authority.
* Evaluates supervised employees, recommends promotion of supervised employees, and recommends bonuses and awarding of discretionary rewards to supervised employees.
* In collaboration with the Human Resources Department, terminates supervised employees, where appropriate.
* The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work, overtime scheduling and other work-related matters.
* Financial Management - Understands health care economics, public policy, and finance as it pertains to the delivery of patient care.
* Understands the broad impact of reimbursement on the delivery of patient care services, including but not limited to Medicare, Managed Care, Medicaid, third party providers, challenges to current health care policies, and key legislative initiatives at the local, state and national level.
* Performance Improvement - Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
* Champions performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation, and evaluation of outcomes.
* Critical Thinking/Technology - Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates an understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
* Plans, organizes, and leads the unit through application of critical thinking skills.
* Leadership and Clinical Practice Knowledge - Provides leadership for the effective and efficient operation of assigned unit. Assures clinical practice is of the highest quality.
* Leads the employees in a manner which develops the employee to their optimal level of performance.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
* Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) either upon hire/promotion or within 36 months of hire/promotion
* Minimum two (2) years acute care nursing practice experience.
* Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
* Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) at time of hire/promotion highly preferred.
* Prior management experience.
* Specific education and experience as delineated by the unit of employment (see competencies).
* Professional certification from a national organization.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Orlando
Schedule: 1 - Day
Shift: AdventHealth Orlando
Req ID: 23004129
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Senior Nurse Manager RN Multisystem ICUDescription
Keywords: Advent Health Orlando, Orlando , Senior Nurse Manager RN Multisystem ICU - ICU - Intensive Care Unit, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
here to apply!