Clinical Specialist - Orlando, FL
Company: Vertos Medical
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Clinical Specialist - Orlando, FL
# of Openings:
Clinical Specialist - Orlando, FL
Works under general direction of the Regional Sales Director to
identify and capitalize on sales opportunities by creating
competency, comfort and expertise for all physicians within
assigned geography through case coverage/support, staff
in-servicing, procedural bone model training, patient
identification training, and procedural follow up.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
- Maintain an organized and flexible travel and work schedule and
be within assigned geography each day to be available as
unscheduled needs arise.
- Provide regional sales support including case coverage/support,
staff in-servicing, procedural bone model training, patient
identification training, procedural follow up, and reimbursement
education to achieve business plans.
- Work seamlessly with regional sales team allowing them
increased selling time.
- Conduct and support product/clinical education on mild best
practices with physicians to ensure safe and effective
- Use clinical expertise to identify and harness customer
training and in-service needs with the goal of driving clinical
best practices and increasing customer comfort, yield and
understanding of mild.
- Integrate into all accounts, build trust and relationships, and
establish strong rapport with internal and external
- Identify, harness and drive clinical best practices across
- Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of assigned accounts
and customers to include competitor activity.
- Troubleshoot and adapt to evolving situations.
- Obtain and maintain multiple vendor clearance requirements for
ability to attend cases within assigned geography.
- May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are
showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and
customers and discuss new product developments.
- Maintain and increase professional and technical knowledge by
on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing
professional publications, establishing personal networks, and
participating in professional societies.
- Support compliance with the company quality standards, FDA
regulations and guidance, applicable EU Medical Device directives,
applicable ISO standards, and other pertinent country specific
medical regulatory requirements.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent with a minimum of four years'
experience in healthcare working with patients and customers in a
- Operating room procedural knowledge, etiquette, and
- Relevant industry, healthcare, marketing, or medical education
experience where there is specific focus on clinical case support
- Nursing, Physician Assisting, Radiation Technology, Physical
Therapy, or similar license/certification.
- Experience in pain management, spinal surgery, or related
- Clinical knowledge of lumbar spine anatomy, physiology, and
- Experience with product/procedure that requires motivation,
access, and implementation of patient flow across multiple
constituents in the practice (MD, PA, nurse, scheduler, etc.).
SKILLS, ABILITIES, and CHARICTERISTCS
- Strong clinical skills, procedure delivery and execution,
ensuring a high level of customer/patient satisfaction.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, medical procedures,
and the medical device industry.
- Ability to embrace consistent, formalized training procedures
and accept constructive feedback.
- Accustomed to tight deadlines with ability to be nimble,
adaptable, and independently carry-out and balance multiple
responsibilities concurrently with the aptitude to anticipate and
- Strong sense of urgency and extremely flexible and able to
change priorities rapidly.
- Capable of working unpredictable schedule that may change on
short notice due to operating room schedule changes and or
- High level of organization and prioritization regarding
schedule management and follow-up.
- Superior professionalism and judgment.
- Takes initiative, great pride, and ownership in work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability
to effectively communicate at multiple levels and to large groups
within and outside the organization.
- Ability to interact cross-functionally and proactively escalate
issues with integrity to appropriate levels of management in the
- Ability to leverage and/or engage others to accomplish
- Team-oriented with ability to work collaboratively and
effectively build and maintain positive relationships with
internal/external customers and across all levels of the
- Positive attitude and passion for working within the pain
management and anesthesiology field.
- Excellent customer service skills and problem resolution
- Capable of engaging customers in selling conversations as
- Comfortable working/learning multiple systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications with understanding
of basic audio-visual connections.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIROMENT
- Travel (Field Based) -Position is primarily locally field-based
but may require some overnight travel dependent on
- Physical Demand - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend/stoop and sit
for extended periods of time (up to 8+ hours per day). Some of the
time standing will include wearing radiation safety equipment (7-9
pound lead aprons, thyroid shield, radiation badge, etc.).
Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects,
tools or controls. Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC,
keyboard and mouse. Physical effort is required by handling objects
of 50 pounds or more occasionally and/or up to 25 pounds
frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to
adjust focus in relation to travel and operating a personal
computer. The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Mental Demand - Moderate to high degree of concentration due to
volume, complexity, and/or "pressure" of work. Ability to make
critical thinking skills decisions under pressure.
- Work Environment -
- Potential exposure to bloodborne pathogens, pharmaceuticals,
chemicals, needles, sharps, and radiation (from x-ray / fluoroscopy
and similar medical equipment).
- Work evenings and weekends when requested (or other
availability required outside of defined work schedule).
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers' license, a driving record
satisfactory to the Company, and active vehicle insurance policy.
Driving records may be monitored on an annual basis or as
- Possess and maintain a criminal background satisfactory to the
Company. Criminal backgrounds may be monitored on an annual basis
or as needed.
- Meet and maintain customer/medical facility access
requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings and
background checks with a satisfactory result in accordance with
Company requirements and the requirements of the customer/medical
- Reasonable access to airport for travel.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees
assigned to this position. They are not intended to be construed as
an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
required of all employees assigned to this position. Nothing in
this job description restricts management's right to assign or
reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
In addition to offering a great culture and work environment,
Vertos also offers the following benefits:
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Supplemental Life & AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) with employer contribution
Paid Time Off
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Jury/Witness Duty Leave
- Bereavement Leave
- Parental Leave Salary Continuation
- Short-Term Disability Salary Continuation
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Accident, Critical Illness, Hospital Indemnity and
- Access to BenefitHUB discounts for 200,000 + vendors
Pay Range: $80,000 - $90,000 per year
Apply for this Position
Keywords: Vertos Medical, Orlando , Clinical Specialist - Orlando, FL, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...