Flight Nurse, Registered Nurse - Air Care Team - ORMC
Company: Orlando Health
Posted on: January 27, 2023
The RN Advanced Care administers patient care where patients have
an advanced illness or injury that routinely requires timely,
intense, and complex care to stabilize and support the patient's
medical condition. The Air Care Team requires highly trained team
members with advanced skills.
Orlando Health is home to Central Florida's only Level One Trauma
Center. Our Air Care Team responds to the scene, transports calls,
and serves all Orlando Health hospitals in the twin engine
Our Air Care Team treats each patient with efficiency and
compassion. We facilitate an organized, multidisciplinary response
system that helps patients return to their prior level of function
and interaction within society. This continuum of care includes
injury prevention, EMS and medical oversight of pre-hospital care,
appropriate triage and transport, resuscitation and emergency care,
surgical intervention, intensive and general acute care,
rehabilitative services, behavioral health, social services,
community re-integration plans, and medical care follow-up. Our Air
Care Team is equipped with state-of-the-art technology to provide
safe and reliable transport to our most critically ill
The air medical flight team is one of the highest credentialed
teams in the state. Air Care Team's service area encompasses a
50-mile radius that covers multiple counties across Central Florida
including Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Sumter, Polk, Volusia,
Brevard, and Marion Counties.
The RN schedule will be two, 24 hour shifts per week.
- Graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Paramedic Certification
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing or working towards it
- Maintains current licensure as a registered nurse in the State
of Florida or Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Maintains current BLS/Healthcare Provider certification
- Air Medical Crew Core Curriculum (State Requirement)
- CEN or CCRN (must have one)
- 5 years ER/ICU experience
- Demonstrates critical knowledge, skills, and judgement to care
for patients requiring complex assessment and therapies, high
intensity interventions, and high-level continuous nursing
- Utilizes information and assessment data to anticipate and
respond with confidence and adapt to rapidly changing patient
- Identifies and prioritizes information to take immediate and
decisive evidence-based, patient focused action.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
and interprets and records electronic displays, such as
intracranial pressures, central venous pressures, pulmonary artery
pressures, and cardiac rhythms from cardiac monitors, respirators,
ventilators, oxygen pumps, etc.
- Responds to life-saving situations based on nursing standards
- Observes, monitors, and assesses patients' condition,
recognizes, identifies, and interprets serious situations and calls
Physician or takes preplanned emergency measures when Physician is
not immediately available.
- Assesses patient's needs and develops/revises an individualized
plan of care based on patient needs and responses. Evaluates the
patient's progress toward attaining expected outcomes.
- Respects diversity by building respectful relationships with
all team members and customers.
- Functions as a patient and family advocate.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge and skills necessary to provide
care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his or her
assigned unit/ department.
- Serves as a preceptor, charge nurse, unit educator, and/ or
- Serves as a role model for staff and supports the hospital and
nursing department's goals and strategies.
- Documents patient care in a knowledgeable, skillful, and
consistent manner meeting all required and regulatory standards.
This includes but is not limited to patient assessment, education,
medication administration, treatments, and patient safety.
- Demonstrates competency in nursing skills and use of patient
care/unit equipment as defined by unit/department-specific
- Prioritizes patient care in an ongoing manner in accordance
with Evidence-Based Practice Standards of Care.
- Practices effective problem identification and resolution.
- Delegates tasks and duties to healthcare team members in
accordance with the patient's needs and the team member's
capabilities and qualifications.
- Communicates appropriate information regarding patient
condition or unit concerns to other health care team members.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and
therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients'
- Collaborates with the education department and nursing
leadership team to effectively transition and support new team
members and/or students.
- Participates and may lead unit level and/or organizational
level committees of nursing practice and performance
- Participates in department and organizational peer review,
mentoring, and coaching regarding professional practice or role
- Practices efficient use of supplies and maintains a clean,
safe, and organized work area.
- Attends staff development in-services, department meetings,
and/or nursing committee meetings.
- Partners with the nursing leadership team to identify
professional development needs.
- Assumes responsibility for one's own professional development
and continuing education.
Keywords: Orlando Health, Orlando , Flight Nurse, Registered Nurse - Air Care Team - ORMC, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!