Registered Nurse PACU
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At Oviedo Medical Center we
support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an)
Registered Nurse PACU and access programs to assist with every
stage of your career.We are offering a $15,000 Sign on
Bonus!BenefitsOviedo Medical Center offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our Registered Nurse PACU opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and QualificationsWe are seeking a PACU RN to join our
healthcare team. Your primary function is to care for adult and
pediatric patients prior to surgery and those who have received
anesthesia, including: local with sedation, regional, general, or
spinal. You will work with a phenomenal team that cares like family
and works together in a collaborative manner.In this role you will:
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the nursing process in
the peri-operative setting.
- Monitor the patient's medical condition and report any
significant changes to the physician or anesthesiologist/CRNA.
- Explain nursing procedures and actions taken to patient.
- Assess, collaborate and coordinate patient's discharge planning
needs and readiness for discharge with other members of the care
- Instruct patients in self-care techniques following the
- Associates Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing Required,
Bachelor Degree in Nursing preferred
- Florida RN license and/or approved multistate RN license
- BLS-American Heart Association BLS Provider issued card
required before start date
- ACLS-American Heart Association ACLS Provider issued card
required within 6 months
- PALS-American Heart Association PALS Provider issued card
required within 6 months
- ASPAN preferred
- Acute care experience preferred
- Critical Care or PACU experience preferredThis role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved).Oviedo Medical Center is a 64-bed acute care
hospital. We serve east Seminole County and surrounding
communities. We offer a full range of healthcare services. Our
services include surgical inpatient units and intensive care. We
deliver 24/7 emergency care. Our hospital offers medical cardiology
and telemetry. We provide inpatient and outpatient surgery, and
women's services including labor and delivery. Our hospital offers
comprehensive diagnostic imaging. We also offer cardiopulmonary
services and cardiac catheterization. We are committed to providing
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times.
In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in
cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and
other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Registered
Nurse PACU opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Orlando , Registered Nurse PACU, Healthcare , Oviedo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!