Speech Language Pathologist
Company: Winter Garden Rehab & Nursing
Location: Winter Garden
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Speech Language PathologistDAILY PAY OPTION AVAILABLE -
The Speech Language Pathologist in a Skilled Nursing Facility
environment, diagnoses and treats speech and language problems.
Evaluates speech and language skills as related to educational,
medical, social, and psychological factors. Plans, directs, or
conducts rehabilitative treatment programs to restore communicative
efficiency of individuals with communication problems of organic
and non-organic etiology.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluates all residents/patients who have been referred by
their physicians with a written order. Develops a treatment program
including functional long and short term goals for all the
residents/patients placed on a Speech therapy program.
- Provides treatment as ordered by the attending physician.
Interprets, plan, establishes, and exercises proper treatment
program in accordance with the physician's referral, periodically,
reviewing the resident's/patient's program and response and making
recommendations to the physician relative to the need of continuing
or discontinuing the Speech therapy treatment.
- Contacts the physician for resident's/patient's reports and
care as needed. Observes, records, and reports to the physician the
resident's/patient's reactions to the therapy programs or any
changes in the resident's/patient's condition.
- Instructs, teaches and supervises residents/patients, and
family/caregivers, regarding Speech therapy procedures as related
to the resident's/patient's therapy programs.
- Participates in staff development activities. Participates in
in-service education programs.
- Supervise CFYs as per the guidelines set forth by ASHA.
- Adheres to all applicable federal, state, local, facility and
company (BHI) maintained standards of care and ethics and policies
concerned with the practice of Speech therapy and among other
things, personnel qualifications.
- Meets productivity and utilization expectation as established
by the company.
- Completes timely clinical documentation to include functional
goal setting, progress and therapeutic
approach.QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree in Speech-Language Pathology
- Certificate of Clinical Competency or eligibility for Clinical
- Current state licensure
- Current CPR certification
Keywords: Winter Garden Rehab & Nursing, Orlando , Speech Language Pathologist, Healthcare , Winter Garden, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!