Lecturer, or Clinical Assistant Professor or Associate Professor - College of Nursing
Company: College of Nursing - University of Central Florida
Posted on: January 26, 2023
The Opportunity The Department of Nursing Practice in the
College of Nursing at the University of Central Florida (UCF)
invites applications for a full-time, non-tenure earning lecturer
or clinical assistant professor or associate professor position to
teach clinical and didactic courses in Adult-Gerontology Acute Care
Nurse Practitioner Doctor of Nursing Practice Program. The position
will be located on the UCF Orlando Campus and is expected to begin
spring 2023. The selected candidate will work collaboratively with
nursing colleagues, colleagues from other disciplines, and clinical
partners, maintain clinical practice competence, remain actively
involved in professional organizations, maintain scholarship in
their field, and actively seek opportunities for and participate in
College of Nursing faculty governance. Responsibilities
- Teaching clinical and didactic courses in the Doctor of Nursing
Practice Program Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Teaching simulation activities when needed.
- Teaching in the Doctor of Nursing Practice curriculum according
- Student advisement and mentorship.
- Participating in planning, organizing, and developing
curriculum for the Nursing Programs.
- Service to school and university committees.
- Clinical assistant or associate professor will also be expected
to maintain a focused area of clinical scholarship. Minimum
- Earned doctorate in Nursing from an accredited institution by
date of hire.
- Unencumbered current RN licensure in Florida with multistate
licensure by date of hire.
- Unencumbered current APRN licensure in Florida.
- Recent clinical experience as Adult- Gerontology Acute Care
Nurse Practitioner or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (within past 2
- National certification as an Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse
Practitioner or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner through the American
Nurses Credentialing Center or American Association of Critical
- Recent experience in teaching using online platforms.
- Active Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Basic and Advanced
Life Support (BLS/ACLS) certification.
- Candidates for assistant clinical professor must have a
beginning area of clinical scholarship.
- Candidates for associate clinical professor must have an
established area of clinical scholarship. Preferred Qualifications:
- Recent graduate teaching experience (within past 2 years).
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and excellence in
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate instructional technologies
in the classroom.
- Demonstrated scholarship (e.g., publications, national
presentations) and active participation and leadership in community
and/or professional nurse practitioner organizations. Additional
Application Materials Required: UCF requires all applications and
supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human
Resources employment opportunities website, . In addition to the
online application, interested candidates should upload a cover
letter, a current curriculum vitae, and a list with contact
information for three (3) professional references. NOTE: Please
have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at
that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the
system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents
later. Questions regarding this search may be directed to: Ms.
Jeanelle Santana, search manager, at .
Are Benefits Important to You? Working at UCF has its perks! In
addition to helping drive change and having a positive impact by
supporting our students, staff, and faculty, UCF offers:
- Benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life
insurance, healthcare flexible spending accounts, and an Employee
- Paid time off, including annual and sick leave and paid
- Retirement savings options.
- Employee discounts, including tickets to many Orlando area
- Education assistance.
- Flexible work environment. And more For more benefits
information, go to 'Prospective Employees' on the UCF Human
Resources website ( )
The University of Central Florida is proud to be a smoke-free
campus and an E-Verify employer. Unless explicitly stated on the
job posting, it is UCF's expectation that an employee of UCF will
reside in Florida as of the date the employment begins.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement The University of Central
Florida is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. UCF's
Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: . As a Florida public
university, UCF makes all application materials and selection
procedures available to the public upon request. The UCF's
affirmative action plans for qualified individuals with
disabilities and protected Veterans are available for inspection in
the Office for Institutional Equity, Monday through Friday, from
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., upon request.
Keywords: College of Nursing - University of Central Florida, Orlando , Lecturer, or Clinical Assistant Professor or Associate Professor - College of Nursing, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!