Mental Health Admissions Coordinator
Company: Pasadena Villa Orlando
Posted on: September 24, 2022
The Admissions Coordinator has primary responsibility for all
front-end functions, including intake, assessments, and admissions.
The Admissions Coordinator shall receive all intake and referral
calls, handle them courteously and appropriately, and enter them
into the appropriate databases. The Admissions Coordinator is
responsible for coordinating tours and facilitating all admissions
into all levels of care with potential residents, families,
referral sources, and treatment team. The Admissions Coordinator is
responsible for coordinating the initial admission paperwork. The
Admissions Coordinator shall coordinate all front-end activity with
the business office, utilization management, and manage bed
space.Relationships and ContactsWithin the organization: Maintains
frequent and close working relationships with program staff and
facility leadership team members throughout the
organization.Outside the organization: Initiates and maintains
strong professional relationships with clients and families,
clinical providers, referral partners and vendors, as
- Handles intake calls in appropriate and effective manner;
communicating knowledge of all programs, prices, level of care, and
- Communicates with referents, resident, and families
appropriately and effectively. Uses the referral process as a means
to build relationships with new referents and engages in
collaboration with referents.
- Schedules and coordinates tours and communicates about all
levels of care to potential residents, families, and
- Assesses incoming admission applications and clinical for
potential treatment needs and refers to the appropriate level of
- Completes all required paperwork to facilitate a smooth
admission process into all levels of care.
- Plans and coordinates all admissions and acts as the
"concierge" to ensure that the admissions process proceeds
- Manages the waiting list effectively and appropriately.
- Handles incoming calls in appropriate and effective
- Communicates clinical and treatment needs of potential
admissions to the clinical team.
- Follows up on all open referral calls/cases with potential
resident, family, referent and/or marketing team member until the
case is closed or admitted.
- Facilitates communication with Business office and/or
Utilization Management as needed for each admission.
- Periodically provides presentations regarding program services
and participates in tours.
- Ensures follow up with referral sources following admissions,
discharges, and during treatment process.
- Assists with conferences and marketing activities and
facilitates referral development contacts in coordination with the
Business Development Team. Attends conferences as
- Can be relied upon to be at work as scheduled and is rarely
absent from work, notifying the supervisor if absent.
- Reads, understands, and adheres to all company policy
statements on ethics, conduct, and conflict of interests.
- Adheres to company policies, procedures, rules and regulations,
- Maintains positive attitude and acts as a team player.
- Attends all supervisory trainings within assigned time frames
as required by the company.
- Position requires frequent overnight travel nationally. Must
have exceptional organizational skills during times of travel and
be able to function giving the high demands associated with
- Other duties as assigned.ISJP123Education and Experience
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education or
experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years' experience in the mental health
- Requires valid State Driver's License.
- Demonstrated ability to respond therapeutically in crisis
- Must have knowledge of human development over the life
- Demonstrated ability to set limits and maintain boundaries in a
kind and firm manner.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills in order
to communication in a clear and concise manner with residents,
families, all members of the interdisciplinary team and with the
managed care representatives.
- Must have good analytical ability to evaluate information
reported by all members of the treatment team and revise treatment
- Must be flexible in meeting program needs.
Renaissance Healthcare Group provides equal employment
opportunities without regard to race, color, creed, ancestry,
national origin, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation,
marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, genetic
information, service in the military, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. Equal
employment opportunity applies to all terms and conditions of
employment. Renaissance Healthcare Group reserves the rights to
modify, interpret, or apply this job description in any way the
organization desires. This job description in no way implies that
these are the only duties, including essential duties, to be
performed by the employee occupying this position. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to reasonably accommodate qualified
individuals with disabilities. This job description is not an
employment contract, implied or otherwise. The employment
relationship remains "At-Will."
Keywords: Pasadena Villa Orlando, Orlando , Mental Health Admissions Coordinator, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!