RN Med/Surg PRN DAYS
Company: Nemours Foundation
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Nemours is seeking Registered Nurses (Med/Surg) PRN, 7A-7P to
join our Nemours Children's Hospital team in Orlando, Florida.
Click Here to take a virtual tour.
Located in Orlando, Fla., Nemours Children's Hospital is the newest
addition to the Nemours integrated healthcare system. Our 100-bed
pediatric hospital also features the area's only 24-hour Emergency
Department designed just for kids as well as outpatient pediatric
clinics including several specialties previously unavailable in the
region. A hospital designed by families for families, Nemours
Children's Hospital blends the healing power of nature with the
latest in healthcare innovation to deliver world-class care to the
children of Central Florida and beyond. In keeping with our goal of
bringing Nemours care into the communities we serve, we also
provide specialty outpatient care in several clinics located
throughout the region.
"Practice of professional nursing" means the performance of those
acts requiring substantial specialized knowledge, judgment, and
nursing skill based upon applied principles of psychological,
biological, physical, and social sciences which shall include, but
not be limited to:
- a) The observation, assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning,
intervention, and evaluation of care; health teaching and
counseling of the ill, injured, or infirm; and the promotion of
wellness, maintenance of health, and prevention of illness of
- b) The administration of medications and treatments as
prescribed or authorized by a duly licensed practitioner authorized
by the laws of this state to prescribe such medications and
- c) The supervision and teaching of other personnel in the
theory and performance of any of the acts.
The Registered Nurse implements the patient care delivery model for
the patient and their family.
- Utilize policies, procedures, guidelines, and reliable methods
to make clinical practice decisions.
- Independently develop, implement, evaluate, and modify clinical
practice matching formal knowledge with critical thinking and
- Collect and interpret complex patient data with clinical events
to make clinical decisions to meet individual patient and family
- Recognize and respond to the dynamic situation while sorting
out extraneous detail and exercises clinical judgment based on an
immediate grasp of the whole picture for the patient population of
the assigned clinical area.
- Engage in multidisciplinary collaboration, proactively seek
expert consultation, and delegate to other clinicians, as
appropriate, while using evidence-based guidelines.
- Demonstrate knowledge seeking behaviors and identify clinical
questions. Seek advice, resources, and/or education opportunities
to improve patient care.
- Participate in the research process and implement changes in
practice based upon the evidence.
- Create a safe, compassionate, supportive, and therapeutic
environment for patients, family, and Associates.
- Promote comfort and healing and prevent unnecessary suffering
with vigilance, engagement, and responsiveness.
- Develop professional and trusting relationships that facilitate
patient/family coping while maintaining appropriate boundaries.
Response to Diversity
- Recognize, appreciate, and incorporate differences into the
provision of patient and family centered care, including cultural,
spiritual, gender/gender identity, lifestyle, race, ethnicity,
linguistic, socioeconomic status, age, developmental, and
- Demonstrate effective methods of communication as required to
meet the patient and family health care literacy needs.
- Preserve and protect the confidentiality, autonomy, dignity,
and rights of patient and families,
- Acknowledge and adapt to the organizational culture and
Advocacy/ Moral Agency
- Advocate on behalf of patients, families, and Associates while
promoting adherence to the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses.
- Act as resource for patients and families working towards
resolution of ethical and moral issues. Initiate ethics consult
- Serve as a moral agent in identifying and help to resolve
ethical and clinical concerns within and outside the clinical
- Work with patients, families, and Associates in a way that
respectfully promotes each person's contributions toward developing
and achieving optimal patient and family goals across the
- Participate in team meetings and discussions regarding patient
care and/or practice issues.
- Involve intra- and inter-professional work with colleagues and
- Participate in nursing/hospital governance, councils,
committees, ad hoc teams and/or initiatives to improve clinical
practice and patient care outcomes.
- Utilize appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing
services that are safe, effective, and financially
- Develop, integrate, and apply strategies across the continuum
of care that are driven by the unique needs and strengths of the
patient and family.
- Contribute to the development and revision of standards of care
policies and procedures.
Facilitation of Learning
- Identify areas of educational needs and facilitate formal and
informal learning for patients, families, Associates, and the
- Assess patients and family's readiness to learn.
- Utilize patient teaching plans that incorporate evidence based
practice and evaluate effectiveness.
- Seek out a mentor to facilitate individual professional
- Serve as a mentor, coach, preceptor, based upon unit needs and
individual preferences and/or abilities.
- ASN required
- Active Florida or multi-state RN license, required
- National certification in area of clinical specialty
- Minimum of 6 months of RN experience required, experience in
pediatric specialty area, preferred
Following must be obtained prior to employment start date
- Valid American Heart Association BLS Certification; must be
valid for 90 days post start date.
- Valid American Heart Association PALS
Keywords: Nemours Foundation, Orlando , RN Med/Surg PRN DAYS, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!