Registered Nurse - Nights- ORLANDO - NEW HOSPICE HOUSE - Hospice
Company: Chapters Health System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Registered Nurse - Nights- ORLANDO - NEW HOSPICE HOUSEIt's fun
to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the
* Current Florida license as RN, current active single-state
out-of-state nurse license, or current active multistate/compact
* Minimum one (1) year in-patient nursing or hospice experience for
external candidates; for internal applicants, minimum of 6-months
of LPN experience with hospice/home health within an affiliate
* Previous experience working with an EMR/EHR (Electronic
Medical/Health Record) system
* Ability to use equipment with visual and auditory mechanisms
* Ability to effectively communicate in English (verbal and
* Flexible schedule to meet the needs of Hospice House patients
* Ability to manage the emotional stress of working with and caring
for terminally ill patients and their families
* Ability to physically access patient rooms and other areas of the
* Ability to perform the essential functions and physical
requirements (including, but not limited to: lifting patients
and/or equipment, bending, pushing/pulling, kneeling) of the job
with or without reasonable accommodation
* Satisfactorily complete competency requirements for this
Responsibilities of all employees:
* Represent the Company professionally at all times through care
delivered and/or services provided to all clients.
* Comply with all State, federal and local government regulations,
maintaining a strong position against fraud and abuse.
* Comply with Company policies, procedures and standard
* Observe the Company's health, safety and security practices.
* Maintain the confidentiality of patients, families, colleagues
and other sensitive situations within the Company.
* Use resources in a fiscally responsible manner.
* Promote the Company through participation in community and
* Participate proactively in improving performance at the
organizational, departmental and individual levels.
* Improve own professional knowledge and skill level.
* Advance electronic media skills.
* Support Company research and educational activities.
* Share expertise with co-workers both formally and informally.
* Participate in Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement
activities as appropriate for the position.
* Provides and manages direct care to patients and families as part
of Interdisciplinary Group (IDG), incorporating psychosocial,
spiritual, cultural, physical and biological components, and
appropriate nursing intervention and follow-up.
* Coordinates the Plan of Care, ensuring that an individualized
Plan of Care is developed that accurately reflects the patient's
* Educates patient, family, caregivers and other health
professionals about disease process and decline, palliative
interventions, care giving, dying process and safety practices.
* Reports changes in the patient's condition to appropriate members
of the IDG or other health professionals.
* Participates with the IDG to evaluate hospice
referrals/admissions for level of care appropriateness.
* Attends patient deaths; prepares body for transport; oversees
disposal of medications.
* Provides appropriate bereavement interventions to the family and
caregiver in conjunction with psychosocial staff.
* Presents concise and pertinent verbal and written reports to IDG;
respects and encourages input from all disciplines.
* Communicates accurately and completely to physicians, staff
members, patients, families, and supervisors; utilizes positive
approaches when working with others.
* Supervises patient care given by other nursing team members
(i.e., LPNs, Hospice Aides, and contract nurses).
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands for Post Offer/Pre-Placement (The demands
described below are representative of those that must be met by an
individual to perform the essential functions of the job, with or
without reasonable accommodation.):
While performing the duties of this job, the following abilities
are required: see; hear; talk; walk; use hands to finger, handle or
Frequently required to: stand; sit; reach with hands/arms; lift;
Occasionally required to: pull; push; stoop/crouch; kneel; climb
Keywords: Chapters Health System, Orlando , Registered Nurse - Nights- ORLANDO - NEW HOSPICE HOUSE - Hospice, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!