Registered Nurse - Orlando - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus - Home Health
Company: Covenant Hospice
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Registered Nurse - Orlando - $5,000 Sign-On BonusWhy Covenant
Are you a Healthcare Warrior? Want a competitive, engaging job with
great perks? Want a seat at the table to discuss strategy? Want to
see your ideas put into action? Then you want to look closely at a
career with Covenant Care.
Covenant Care is one of the largest non-profit providers of home
health, hospice, memory, palliative and private duty care in the
regions we serve. Our collaborative team of more than 600
physicians, nurses, aides, therapists and professional staff and
volunteers serve patients and families in communities throughout
Florida and Alabama. For more information, visit
choosecovenant.org, or visit us on Facebook, Instagram or
Ready to join our family?
Our teammates enjoy a supportive environment and flexible schedule
with advancement opportunities. Covenant Care's engaging culture is
founded upon mutual respect and trust. A place where employees feel
valued and patients and residents feel the service is
extraordinary. We recognize and celebrate the value of each
teammate's unique contributions and encourage a sense of ownership,
sharing our mission with patients, families and our
The RN is responsible for the delivery of home health services to
clients. The nursing process is used as a basis for assessing,
planning, implementing, communicating, teaching, coordinating and
evaluating services. The RN provides for the spiritual, emotional
and psychological needs of the clients. The RN provides leadership
to nursing staff and assures that nursing care complies with
physician orders and meets client, HCFA and departmental
* Graduate of an accredited RN program required.
* Minimum one-year experience as an RN with one-year experience in
home health (home health experience may be waived).
* Experience in geriatrics helpful.
* Work experience denoting communication and assessment skills.
* Current RN license in the State of Florida.
* Current CPR certification.
* Current driver's license and valid auto insurance.
* Completion of 25 CEU's bi-annually.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Performs client assessment and identifies problems to be
* Evaluates client needs, families and home environment.
* Develops Plan of Care consistent with assessment findings,
diagnosis and orders.
* Establishes goals which are attainable, specific and measurable.
Communicates Plan of Care with the appropriate physicians.
* Evaluates progress toward goals.
* Identifies, documents and reports signs and symptoms of altered
health status to physician.
* Obtains appropriate orders to increase/decrease visit
* Obtains medical orders to alter treatment plan to refer to other
services when appropriate (Rehab., Social Services).
* Administers meds and treatment according to Plan of Care.
* Teaches nursing care appropriate to client's condition. Teaching
based on client/caregiver level of understanding and is properly
reflected in documentation.
* Assists in the coordination of care, to include preventative and
rehabilitative therapy after consultation with client/family
appropriate therapist or other health team member.
* Participates in intra-disciplinary team conferences as
* Documents client records according to agency policy. Completes
clinical notes, Plan of Care and medication records in a timely,
legible and accurate manner.
* Completes OASIS assessments accurately at appropriate time
points. Notes progress towards discharge planning.
* Communicates with physician and other disciplines regarding
* Completes all discharge summaries according to policy and
* Supervises the LPN and Home Health Aide to ascertain compliance
with Plan of Care.
* Assist in assigning the Home Health Aide to a specific
* Assists with supervision of Home Health Aides visits in home at
least every 14 days and documents visit in the clinical record to
ascertain quality of care rendered.
* Uses knowledge of nursing, biological, social science and payer
reimbursement to assist with the development and revision of a
medical plan of care.
* Demonstrates safety precautions in compliance with OSHA, CHAP,
and Federal and State standards.
* Operates medical equipment correctly for client care.
* Documents services, client condition and response to
* Maintains current knowledge of nursing and home care agency's
policies and procedures.
* Participates in orientation of professional staff as requested by
* Supervises field staff with onsite visits and evaluations on an
* Participates in peer review, QM activities and chart audits as
* Participates in the PI program by utilizing suggestion boxes,
customer service, and brings matters to attention of management
* Maintains an understanding of the company's scope of services.
Maintains a professional image.
* Uses appropriate phone etiquette.
* Promotes a customer friendly atmosphere for all visitors and
ensures client confidentiality at all times.
* Participates in accreditation program.
* Participates in call schedule according to the needs of the
* Submits all clinical documentation in a timely manner according
to agency policy.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Participates in in-service program.
* Participates in staff development programs.
Special Demands/Physical Requirements:
Office/Home Environment. May be exposed to biological hazards.
Contact the Human Resources Department at 850.365.9659 for more
information. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, protected veteran status, or disability
Keywords: Covenant Hospice, Orlando , Registered Nurse - Orlando - $5,000 Sign-On Bonus - Home Health, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!