Registered Nurse RN Cardiovascular PCU
Company: AdventHealth Central Florida
Posted on: August 7, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, PRN
Shift : Days and Nights, 3/12s > 7-7 and Per Diem per unit needs
but must be available at least 6 shifts within 6 weeks
Location : 601 East Rollins St. Orlando, FL 32803
- Our Cardiovascular PCU unit provides great opportunities to
learn and grow with a caring specialized trained team. We care for
patients recovering from Cardiovascular and Thoracic surgical
procedures which includes, coronary bypass grafting, valve repair
and replacement, Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR),
Pericardial window, device explanation and laser lead extraction,
and all Thoracic surgeries including esophagogastrostomy, lung
resection, as well as thoracic and abdominal aneurysm repairs.
- Beacon Awarded Unit .
The community you'll be caring for:
- Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the
Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing
and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
- NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
- PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
- COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
- DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the
recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic
medical record according to policy and in real time. Performs
appropriate and legible documentation, recording all procedures and
assessments within established timeframes, and in accordance with
standards of care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
Terms: 24 month Full Time Employment Contract Required for Sign-On
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address. The expertise and
experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
- Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS) per specialty/unit
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Professional Certification Associated topics: bsn, ccu,
coronary, intensive, intensive care unit, nurse, recovery,
surgical, tcu, unit
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Florida, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Cardiovascular PCU, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!