Registered Nurse Emergency Oviedo FT Nights
Company: AdventHealth Central Florida
Posted on: August 7, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *$15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Location: 8100 Red Bug Lake Rd, Oviedo, FL 32765.
The community you'll be caring for:
* The AdventHealth Oviedo Emergency Room (ER) is an extension of
our AdventHealth Winter Park location.
* The 19,000-square-foot facility features state-of-the-art
emergency healthcare serving the residents of Orange & Seminole
* The 24-bed ER includes an urgent care track to diagnose and treat
non-emergent cases more efficiently, an observation unit to closely
monitor care for up to 24 hours, and offers emergent care with a
helicopter pad onsite.
* The AdventHealth Oviedo ER will be staffed by board-certified
emergency physicians, critical care nurses, both stroke and
* We are proud to be revolutionizing healthcare with visionary
leadership and world-class resources.
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing
and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING PROCESS: Completes timely assessments per Practice
Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental,
sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs
of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions
and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential
health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA],
* NURSING PROCESS: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets
measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the
patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and
implementation of an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and
completes follow up assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of
care as needed. Nursing practice reflects mutual goal setting and
whole person care including meeting the needs of the mind, body and
spirit. (King, 1995)
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Professional Certification
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Florida, Orlando , Registered Nurse Emergency Oviedo FT Nights, Healthcare , Oviedo, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!