Registered Nurse RN Advanced Cardiology Surgical Unit Training Program
Company: AdventHealth Central Florida
Posted on: August 7, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *$7,500 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Days/ Nights 7-7, 3/12s rotating weekends
Location : 601 East Rollins St, Orlando FL 32803
* Full-time paid internship and nursing position
* Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
* Our 32-bed Advanced Cardiology Surgical unit provides great
opportunities to learn and grow with a caring specialized trained
team. Our unit is a CVICU unit that specializes in mechanical
circulatory support devices along with heart and lung transplants.
We care for over 120 ECMO (Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation)
patients a year, along with LVAD/Left Ventricular Assist Device
such as Heartmate II, III, and Heartware, along with other support
devices; such as Centrimag, Impella, and Tandem Heart/Lung.
* Our ECMO program was awarded, "Center of Excellence", Gold status
by the ELSO organization for 2018-2021.
The community you'll be caring for:
* Serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast,
the Caribbean and South America
* Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for
providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses
and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under
the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and
responsibilities during the training program with eventual
transition to independent practice after successful training
program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate
Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable
local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively
participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording
and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical
record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate
and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments
within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of
care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24 month Full Time Employment Contract Required for
Sign-On and Relocation
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
Minimum qualifications :
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Minimum of six (6) months of experience
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* EKG competency testing
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
* Professional Certification
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Florida, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Advanced Cardiology Surgical Unit Training Program, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!