RN Training Program PICU
Company: AdventHealth Central Florida
Posted on: August 6, 2022
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* $7,500 Sign-on onus and $3,000 Relocation Bonus available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Team Based Nursing Model*
* Career Development
* Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
* Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Multiple Shifts Available
Location: 601 E Rollins St., Orlando, FL 32803
* As one of the premier children's health systems in the nation,
AdventHealth for Children sets the standard for innovation, quality
and comprehensive care. Our technologically advanced, flagship
facility is designed by Walt Disney Imagineers to be
* Across Central Florida, there are more than 300 dedicated,
pediatric beds - 200 of which are located at the tertiary
children's hospital in Orlando.
* We have assembled a world-class team of doctors, specialists,
nurses and health care professionals that utilizes some of the most
advanced technologies, therapies and treatments available to care
for our patients. This includes 140 pediatric specialists
practicing 35 subspecialties and 800 Pediatric specialty trained
* For a second time, the American Nurses Credentialing Center
(ANCC) has granted AdventHealth for Children Magnet recognition,
which establishes the hospital as a national leader in nursing and
patient care. Only seven-percent of the nation's hospitals have
received this recognition.
* Comprehensive Heart Center with a multidisciplinary team
including congenital heart disease experts and elite pediatric
* Level IV Comprehensive Pediatric Epilepsy Center featuring the
highest designation awarded by the National Association of Epilepsy
* Duke Health affiliate in pediatric bone marrow transplant (BMT);
the Kids Beating Cancer BMT program is the first of its kind in
Central Florida and is internationally accredited by the Foundation
for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT).
* Only pediatric liver transplant program in Central Florida, in
partnership with UPMC Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh.
* Level III NICU offering the highest level of care available to
neonatal babies and recognized by U.S. News & World Report as the
Best Children's Hospital for newborn care in Florida
The role you'll contribute :
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for
providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses
and experienced nurses entering a training program will be under
the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and
responsibilities during the training program with eventual
transition to independent practice after successful training
program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate
Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable
local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively
participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to all.
* Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice
Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental,
sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs
of abuse or neglect. Makes appropriate decisions and interventions
and nursing diagnosis according to patients actual or potential
health conditions or needs. (American Nurses Association [ANA],
* Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets
measurable and achievable short and long-range gals for the patient
(ANA, 2012), assisting in the developmental and implementation of
an individualized plan of care. Prioritizes and completes follow-up
assessments, evaluates and modifies plan of care as needed. Nursing
practice reflects mutual goal setting and whole person care
including meeting the needs of the mind, body and spirit. (King,
* Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to the patient age and
condition, including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive
monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice
reflects the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
* Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
* Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
* Terms: 24 month Full Time Employment Contract Required for
Sign-On and Relocation
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
What Will You Need:
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Minimum of six (6) months experience
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Education and Experience Preferred :
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
* Professional certification
Keywords: AdventHealth Central Florida, Orlando , RN Training Program PICU, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!