ECMO Specialist RN Pediatric Cardiac ICU
Posted on: June 25, 2022
ECMO Specialist RN Pediatric Cardiac ICU All the benefits and perks
you need for you and your family:
- $15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
- Nursing Clinical Ladder Program Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. Its about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule:Full Time Shift:Dayand
NightShifts Available Location:601 East Rollins Street, Orlando,
32803 Unit Highlights:Our elite team of cardiologists diagnoses and
treats a wide range of conditions including congenital heart
defects and acquired heart conditions. We specialize in some of the
most advanced, minimally invasive procedures that are designed to
avoid open-heart surgery whenever possible. Our goal is to provide
cutting-edge management of each patients condition throughout their
lifetime to maximize their health and quality of life. We are home
to a state-of-the-art hybrid catheterization laboratory where we
perform some of the most advanced, minimally invasive, low-risk
alternatives to surgery for the treatment of congenital heart
disease in the country.
- Our fetal cardiology program provides in-depth evaluation of
suspected cardiac anomalies such as heart defects and arrhythmias
that are detected prenatally. We provide the expertise, counseling
and state-of the-art care necessary to support children prenatally
- Pediatric heart conditions that requires surgery, will be
treated by our congenital heart surgery team. Our surgeons treat a
wide array of pediatric cardiac conditions including arrhythmias,
cardiomyopathy, heart defects and valve disease. We have a
dedicated, 10-bed, pediatric cardiac intensive care unit (PCICU),
which provides families with world-class, personalized care.
- Having this dedicated PCICU allows us to provide the best
pediatric cardiology care for our patients in a family-centered
environment. The multidisciplinary PCICU team works closely
together with AdventHealth for Children's highly specialized
pediatric heart care experts, including: Pediatric Cardiac
surgeons, Pediatric Cardiologists, Pediatric Cardiac
Anesthesiologists, Pediatric Critical Care Nurses, Pediatric
Intensivists, Pediatric Perfusionists, and Pediatric Therapists.
The role youll contribute:The Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
(ECMO) Specialist provides clinical expertise in their specialist
area to optimize patient, family, nurse and team outcomes. This
position assists with directing ECMO daily operations and
participates in direct patient care to optimize outcomes in a
fiscally responsible manner. The ECMO Specialist supports the
practice of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation delivery processes
through direct care, presentations, collaborative practice and
knowledge of industry standards to establish clinical best
practices. Actively participates in outstanding customer service
and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are
equally respectful to all.
- You Will Be Responsible For:
- Utilizes clinical proficiency in the care of Neonatal and
- Participates in timely documentation of comprehensive clinical
assessments including assessment of clinical variables including,
but not limited to, diagnostic testing and functional status,
assessment of patients response to the extracorporeal membrane
oxygenation (ECMO) process.
- Attends and participates in team, unit and campus meetings
including hospital interdisciplinary rounds, discharge planning,
and quality improvement programs with the ability to communicate
with the clinical team in a professional and effective manner.
- Applies assessment and evaluation process to diagnoses.
Successfully delivers patient evaluations on ECMO without requiring
support and instruction from others.
- Utilizes unique knowledge regarding extracorporeal circulation
and its effects on the body. Independently uses and documents
effective planning, deliverance and evaluation of goal-focused,
individualized safe age and culture-specific care Terms:24 month
Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and Relocation Sign-on
- Applicable experience required.
- Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
eligible. Relocation Eligibility:
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences youll need to succeed: Minimum
- Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) OR Graduate of a
Respiratory Therapy or Cardiopulmonary Science program
- Three years of clinical experience in an acute Cardiac
Intensive care setting within the last five years
- Minimum of three years of ECMO experience
- Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a
Registered Nurse or Registered Respiratory Therapist
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Cardiac Life Support
(ACLS) and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) certifications Education
and Experience Preferred:
- Master of Science degree in Nursing (MSN) or related healthcare
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: AdventHealth, Orlando , ECMO Specialist RN Pediatric Cardiac ICU, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!