Clinical Supervisor - Mental Health (Remote)
Company: St. Joseph Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company DescriptionBackgroundSince 1976, St. Joseph Center has
been meeting the needs of low-income and homeless individuals and
families in Venice and throughout Los Angeles County. The Center is
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit community organization that assists people
without regard for religious affiliation or lack thereof through
20+ programs in four pillars of service: Outreach and Engagement,
Housing Services, Mental Health, and Education and Vocational
Training. St. Joseph Center serves more than 10,000 people each
year.Brief Description of Principal ActivitiesMultifaceted
intervention, prevention, mental health, and housing assistance is
offered through street outreach and 9 service sites throughout Los
Angeles County. St. Joseph Center also provides on-site services at
five permanent supportive housing developments, and will provide
services at an additional six more sites in the coming year. St.
Joseph Center's total holistic approach to services provide our
clients with the help they need to regain their stability.Job
SummaryJob DescriptionUnder the supervision of the Lead Clinical
Supervisor, the Clinical Supervisor provides clinical supervision
to unlicensed staff and clinical support throughout the agency. The
Clinical Supervisor ensures sound clinical direction, management,
and coordination of mental health, rehabilitation, case management,
community outreach and medication support services within the
agency's mental health programs.Essential Duties &
ResponsibilitiesKey Areas of Responsibility:
- Provide individual and group clinical supervision to
unlicensed, clinical staff in adherence with BBS and Medi-Cal
- Assist with and implement clinical trainings for all
- Provide clinical guidance and support to all teams including
support of clinical documentation, progress notes, treatment plans,
assessments and other clinical documentation as it arises in the
client record in adherence with Medi-Cal and DMH requirements.
- Participate in scheduled team meetings, if assigned.
- Consult and collaborate with management regarding clinical
support and take the lead with any debriefs if necessary.
- Participate in monthly Clinical Consultation Meeting with
clinical supervisors and DMH leadership.Other duties and
responsibilities may be assigned. The duties and responsibilities
listed are designed to provide typical examples of the work
performed; not all duties and responsibilities assigned are
included here, nor is it expected that all similar positions will
be assigned every duty and
- MUST have active, current license as an MFT, LCSW or LPCC
registered with the CA BBS.
- Must be licensed for two years and able to provide clinical
- A minimum of two years of experience working in a mental health
setting is preferred.
- Must have familiarity with severely and chronically mentally
ill adults in a community setting.
- Experience with DMH is preferred.
- Must have or obtain LPS Designation upon hire.
- Must participate in the FSP 24-7 on call system.
- Experience in DSM-V, trauma informed care, harm reduction
- Must show demonstrated knowledge of Evidence Based Practices
and/or the Recovery Model of treatment.
- Experience working in a non-profit organization is
preferred.Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter.
- Must have the ability to communicate with and relate to a
diverse group of people including clients, community, and other
- Must have excellent administrative and organizational
- Must have demonstrated ability to manage and supervise
professional and para-professional staff while handling multiple
tasks and relating to diverse groups of clients. Education:
- Master's degree from an accredited college or university in
social work, human services or a related field.Direct Reports:
- Must carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities
may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees, planning,
assigning, and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding
and counseling employees, addressing complaints and resolving
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
Outlook) and widely supported internet browsers.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.Certificates, Licenses and
- Valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to
utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to
carry out job-related essential functions.
- Valid automobile liability insurance.Travel Requirements:
- Some travel between offices required when meeting with teams.
Work Environment:The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate.Physical Demands:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
required to stand, sit, walk, stoop, talk, hear, reach above and
below shoulders; use hand and finger dexterity, keyboarding and
making and receiving telephone calls. The employee may be required
on occasion to lift and or carry up to 20 lbs.Additional
InformationStatus: Full-Time/Non-ExemptSalary: DOEEmployment with
St. Joseph Center is contingent on completion of satisfactory
background check.For consideration, please submit cover letter and
resume. St. Joseph Center (SJC) is an equal opportunity and
affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to their race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability, status as a protected
veteran or any other characteristic protected under federal law. In
addition to federal law requirements, SJC complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in every location
in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all
terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves
of absence, compensation and training.All applicants for employment
are invited to voluntarily self-identify their gender, race,
ethnicity, and veteran status, by completing the EEO Information.
Providing your EEO Information is voluntary and refusal to
self-identify will not subject applicants to any adverse treatment.
Similarly, applicants who do self-identify will not be subject to
any adverse treatment based on the information they provide.St.
Joseph center invites you to review the current "EEO is The Law"
poster as part of the application process. A link to the current
poster is located
Keywords: St. Joseph Center, Orlando , Clinical Supervisor - Mental Health (Remote), Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!