Registered Respiratory Therapist
Company: Orlando Health
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Orlando Health is currently seeking Registered Respiratory
Therapists to assist the Respiratory Care team. The registered
Respiratory Therapist assess, treat, and care for patients with
breathing disorders. Initiate and conduct therapeutic procedures;
maintain patient records; And select, assemble, check and operate
equipment.Responsibilities Essential Functions
- Demonstrates competency in respiratory therapeutics and in the
use of non-invasive ventilators, pulmonary diagnostics and other
equipment required for the provision of respiratory care.
- Maintains accurate and precise documentation.
- Demonstrates strong power of analytical reasoning and
effectively blends patient care management skills with technical
- Communicates openly and effectively with all member of the
- Demonstrates proficiency in quality control and maintenance of
arterial blood gas analyzers, specimen collection and analysis of
blood for gas transport and acid/base determination.
- Maintains reasonably regular, punctual attendance consistent
with Orlando Health policies, the ADA, FMLA and other federal,
state and local standards.
- Maintains compliance with all Orlando Health policies and
procedures. Qualifications Education/Training
- Associate of Science in Respiratory Care or Cardiopulmonary
- Basic computer/mechanical training required.
- Maintains license as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
by the State of Florida Department of Health.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist credential from the National
Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). RRTs registered on or after July
1, 2002 must maintain an active status with the (NBRC) and updated
every five years. RRTs credentialed prior to July 1, 2002 are not
required to renew every five years in accordance with the
- Maintains current BLS/HealthCare Provider certification.
- Advanced Life Support as appropriate per unit and site.
Keywords: Orlando Health, Orlando , Registered Respiratory Therapist, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!