Registered Nurse RN Ortho Trauma PCU - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Ortho Trauma PCUJob Description
Registered Nurse Ortho Trauma PCU AdventHealth Orlando
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *$15,000 Sign-on Bonus and up to $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Day and Night shifts available
Location: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
The Community You'll Be Caring For:
* Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
* serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast,
the Caribbean and South America
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
* 52-bed unit. In January 2018, we expanded by opening this
brand-new state-of-the-art unit.
* 80% of our patient population are trauma patients. Our traumas
involve the bone, tendon, nerve, or muscle.
* 20% of our patient population are electives. These patients are
seeking a new outlook on life with a new knee, hip, or shoulder
joint or a limb lengthening procedure.
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing
and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording
and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical
record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate
and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments
within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of
care, departmental policy, and practice guidelines.
Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-on and
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
Education and Experience Preferred:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Professional certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Ortho Trauma PCU - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!