Registered Nurse RN Wound Ostomy Continence FT Days - Wound Care
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Wound Ostomy Continence FT DaysJob
Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse AdventHealth Orlando
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *$5,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
eligible candidates (see terms below)
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Whole Person Wellbeing and Mental Health Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days - 40 hours per week
Location: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
* Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
* serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the Southeast,
the Caribbean and South America
* AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
* We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year
The role you'll contribute:
The Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurse is a registered nurse who
provides acute and rehabilitative care for people with selected
disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary
systems. The nurse provides direct patient care to people with
abdominal stomas, wounds, fistulas, drains, pressure ulcers, and
other complicated wounds, and continence disorders. The nurse
participates in assessment, planning, implementation, and
evaluation of a plan of care for patients with wounds, ostomies,
and continence needs. The role of the nurse entails patient, family
education, consultation, and patient advocacy. Actively
participates in outstanding customer service and accepts
responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally
respectful to all.
* Demonstrates, through behavior, Florida Hospital's core values of
Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and
* Establishes a baseline for reassessment for ongoing plan of care
by obtaining pertinent data from the EMR, patient, family, and
other members of the health care team that includes PHH, labs,
nutritional assessment, Braden risk assessment, pressure
redistribution, and adjunctive therapies.
* Writes an initial plan of care for the patient including goals
for treatment that is evidence-based, feasible, and cost effective
for the patient, hospital, and staff.
* Provides follow-up in a frequency established by the department,
documenting in the EMR, the effectiveness of the plan of care,
provides rationale if goal is not met, alters plan if needed and
continues to monitor on an ongoing basis until goal is reached,
patient is discharged, or nurse signs off to another provider
* Works weekends and/or takes call on weekends on a rotational
basis for multi-campus wound, ostomy, continence nursing issues.
Will come in when needed to see patients for emergent needs that
cannot wait until following work day.
* Flexibility in providing holiday/modified holiday coverage for
the multi-campus system as scheduled by the Clinical Nurse Manager,
and in accordance to department policy.
* Maintains skills in alignment with department as a whole, in
terms of educational updates, mandatory meetings, department
policy, net learning activities, and other activities to ensure a
cohesive work group.
* Communicates with Clinical Nurse Manager and team members any
issues that impact patient care, including but not limited to;
calls received on weekend call, patients seen on holidays requiring
reassignment within the team to ensure appropriate follow-up.
* Applies Erickson's Stages for Growth and Development and Adult
Learning Theory when caring for patient's across the lifespan from
the newborn to the elderly population.
Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-on and
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
* Registered Nurse with completion of a Wound, Ostomy, and
* Current valid State of Florida or multi state license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Education and Experience Preferred:
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* National Certification in Wound, Ostomy, and Continence Nursing
by the Wound, Ostomy Continence Nursing Certification Board
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Orlando , Registered Nurse RN Wound Ostomy Continence FT Days - Wound Care, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!