Social Worker FT Days Oncology - US-FL-Tavares - Master of Social Work
Company: Advent Health Waterman
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Social Worker FT Days Oncology - US-FL-Tavares
DescriptionAll the benefits and perks you need for you and your
- Benefits and Paid Days Off from Day One
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Career Development --
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense) Our promise to you: Joining
AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's about
belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each
person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better. Schedule:--Full-Time Shift: Days The
community you'll be caring for: 1000 WATERMAN WAY, Tavares, FL
32778 The role you'll contribute: The oncology social worker
assists in meeting the psychosocial needs of patients and their
families, as well as coordinates concrete services to maximize a
patient/family's quality of life and enhances adjustments to
illness. In collaboration with the multidisciplinary oncology team
members, the social worker identifies high-risk patients through
screening mechanisms, performs assessment of patient/families to
determine and facilitate the most appropriate intervention.
Maintains a thorough knowledge of hospital, local, state and
federal resources. Provides counseling services, including
adjustment, supportive and crisis intervention. The value you'll
bring to the team
- Perform all oncology social work and master's level
- Communication, negotiation, conflict management, and advocacy
skills with patients, families and caregivers as well as other
members of the healthcare team.
- Provide illness adjustment counseling in the oncology setting,
including supportive, adjustment, and crisis intervention.
- Ability to work effectively under stress, managing crisis,
conflict and frustration in a constructive manner.
- Ability to interact with patients, family, caregivers and
healthcare team members across the continuum of care by developing
a rapport that is conducive to effective and efficient patient
- Ability to assess the psychological, social, functional and
financial impact of illness and treatment plan upon patient, family
and caregivers and establishes a psychosocial plan of care
- Documents social work interventions and statistics in a timely
manner according to department guidelines.
- Responsible for education and support group facilitation within
the Cancer Institute.
- Upholds professional standards by adhering to the National
Association of Social Workers code of ethics and the Association of
Oncology Social Work standards of care.
- Maintain skills to support an environment which insures quality
work, group morale and is conducive to keeping effective lines of
- Capable of handling various aspects of the job simultaneously
while maintaining a calm outward appearance.
- Knowledge of emergency codes, location of emergency equipment
and method of activation.
- Ensures excellent customer service to our patients, physicians
- Standards of Behavior demonstrated through positive
- Utilizes computer system within the hospital guidelines,
proficient in required computer programs to perform daily job
function and effectively communicates via email with
professionalism. QualificationsThe expertise and experiences you'll
need to succeed:
- Master's Degree in Social Work
- Minimum two years' experience in oncology social work, general
medical social work or case management/discharge planning in the
acute care setting
- Current active registration with Florida Department of Health
as Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Current active certification (or eligible) by the Association
of Oncology Social Work (AOSW) preferred
- BLS-CPR certification; ACLS preferred This facility is an equal
opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local
anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: Advent Health Waterman, Orlando , Social Worker FT Days Oncology - US-FL-Tavares - Master of Social Work, Healthcare , Tavares, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!