Registered Nurse PCU - Progressive Care Unit
Company: Adventist Health System
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Registered Nurse PCUJob Description
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
* *$15,000 Sign-on Bonus and $3,000 Relocation available for
* Benefits from Day One
* Paid Days Off from Day One
* Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without
out-of-pocket tuition expense)
* Nursing Clinical Ladder Program
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It's
about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of
each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit.
AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and
grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences
you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that
together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Days 7a-7p and Nights 7p-7a with rotating weekends
Location: 2100 Ocoee Apopka Road, Apopka, 32703
* Our Medical PCU is a 28-bed unit that delivers specialized
nursing care for critically ill patients.
* We offer in-depth care utilizing state-of-the-art equipment,
while monitoring patients in a holistic and multi-disciplinary
The community you'll be caring for:
* AdventHealth Apopka is a seven-story, 120-bed hospital offering
an extensive range of services including expanded surgical
services, advanced surgical suites and a catheterization lab
* The hospital also features a 30,000-square-foot emergency
department with pediatric-friendly beds, imaging services, a
full-service cafeteria, chapel, gift shop and on-site fire
* The hospital opened in December 2017, replacing the 50-bed
hospital that AdventHealth had operated in downtown Apopka for more
than four decades
The role you'll contribute:
The Registered Professional Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing
and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care
responsibilities to identified age specific groups. Utilizes the
nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating)
in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Adheres to the
AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and
regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and
accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer
service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships
that are equally respectful to all.
The value you'll bring to the team:
* NURSING KNOWLEDGE: Demonstrates the ability to assess and
interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition,
including, but not limited to lab results, non-invasive monitoring
data and interdisciplinary team notes. Nursing practice reflects
the application of knowledge and skills pertaining to all
diagnoses, procedures, medications, complications, and equipment
associated with unit patient population.
* PATIENT SAFETY: Nursing practice reflects the application of
knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory
standards. Follows strict infection prevention precautions. Adheres
to policy and procedure regarding all aspects of medication safety.
Practice reflects importance of patient teaching and takes
advantage of opportunities, both planned and unplanned, to carry it
out in accordance with plan of care.
* COMMUNICATION: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by
abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent
nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic
communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but
not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding. Exhibits ability
to utilize appropriate techniques, verbiage, and resources in all
interactions with the patient to their level of understanding.
Communicates effectively with interdisciplinary team by completing
thorough hand off communication in all situations. Follows chain of
command when appropriate.
* DOCUMENTATION: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording
and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical
record according to policy and in real time. Performs appropriate
and legible documentation, recording all procedures and assessments
within established timeframes, and in accordance with standards of
care, departmental policy and practice guidelines.
* Terms: 24 month Employment Contract Required for Sign-On and
* Applicable experience required.
* Internal Candidates and Rehires within 12 months are not
* Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
* Graduate of a school of nursing
* Current valid State of Florida or multistate license as a
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
* Advanced Life Support Certifications (ACLS, PALS, NRP) per
* Bachelor's degree in Nursing
* Professional Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with
federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and
Keywords: Adventist Health System, Orlando , Registered Nurse PCU - Progressive Care Unit, Healthcare , Apopka, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!