Health Unit Coordinator PCU Thoracic Pulmonary Orlando Full-Time Night
Company: AdventHealth Orlando
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Description YOU ARE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT A RESUME WITH YOUR
APPLICATION! Health Unit Coordinator ---AdventHealth--Orlando Top
Reasons to work at AdventHealth--Orlando
- Located on a lush tropical campus, our flagship hospital,
1,368-bed AdventHealth Orlando
- serves as the major tertiary facility for much of the
Southeast, the Caribbean and South America
- AdventHealth Orlando houses one of the largest Emergency
Departments and largest cardiac catheterization labs in the
- We are already one of the busiest hospitals in the nation,
providing service excellence to more than 32,000 inpatients and
125,000 outpatients each year Work Hours/Shift:
- Full Time/Nights--3/12's 7p-7a--including every other weekend
You Will Be Responsible For:-- ----
- Identifies, prioritizes and transcribes all types of physician
orders by completing the patient Kardex, proper care map, making
out necessary requisitions.
- Notifies and calls other departments or physicians when
necessary and places appropriate information on the chart, chart
forms, computer and electronic record.
- Accesses the medication room to place meds in a secure area
upon medication arrival to the floor.
- Performs indirect patient care duties related to admission,
transfer and discharge.--
- Posts pertinent patient data timely.--
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations
- Interacts with patients appropriate to age, acuity and culture.
QualificationsWhat You Will Need:
- Completion of Health Unit Coordinator Course
- OR recent hospital experience or similar experience as a Health
Unit Coordinator; such as medical office or outpatient clinic.
- OR degrees or certification in: Biomedical Science, Health
Education, Healthcare Administration, Integrated Health Science,
Psychology, Sociology, Completed 1st clinical semester of nursing
program, Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant--PREFERRED
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION:
- NAHUC CertificationJob Summary:The Health Unit Coordinator
under the direct supervision of the Clinical Nurse Manager or
Charge Nurse, performs general non-clinical duties and specific
services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the
nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and
procedures in the nursing department and hospital
administration.---- This facility is an equal opportunity employer
and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination
laws, regulations and ordinances.
Keywords: AdventHealth Orlando, Orlando , Health Unit Coordinator PCU Thoracic Pulmonary Orlando Full-Time Night, Healthcare , Orlando, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!